News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TrainsOfDisney

@MisterPenguin isn't wrong. I've been saying from the start that there's almost no way these fountains are going to look good for multiple reasons, but I haven't seen anything yet that looks like the actual daytime fountain mode. Maybe bits and pieces of it but nothing that seems remotely like the final version of what they're planning to run all day long.

It's why I've mostly stopped commenting on these threads -- there's not really anything left to say at this point until they're actually finished and we see what it looks like in full operational mode.
Yeah I was mostly teasing. My original quote should have been “if this is a hint of what the fountains will look like in daytime mode this is getting laughable.”

Disney Analyst

Show fountains rarely point straight up at their highest setting for tens of minutes on end during a show.

Precisely. This is likely just "Set to max and make sure pressure is maintained and flow is steady" testing. I am also pretty sure the fountains on top are moving fountains from prior photos, so they will likely be able to dance and change positions.

Thelazer

I have been reading through the thread and that is some massive show equipment and I know that they are still installing it. So, I shall wait and pass judgement on this until I see the new show and what it looks like in the day once everything is completed.

The folks complaining about the sight lines and the old company wouldn't have done this yada yada yada.........this would be the same folks complaining about having to wait on the old show barges being brought in because they couldn't get to the Mexico pavilion because of the bridge being up. Imagine how long the wait would be getting this big stuff out into the lagoon!

Management changes, ownership changes but the founder of all this said:

“In this volatile business of ours, we can ill afford to rest on our laurels, even to pause in retrospect. Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future.”
-Walt Disney

Nope, it's ugly and it shouldn't be out in the daytime... and the fountains will not hide it.. that is all.
I swear Disney needs to stop paying people to try to "nudge" the convo on here about how great Yada Yada is..

It's not, it's a FAIL (in the daytime at least, maybe the show at night will be cool..but in the daytime.. NO!)

Dan Deesnee

To all the people complaining about the views, the stargate, and three taco's...

Need I remind you...

1616554520076.png

Lord Of The Tacos.gif

Last edited:

raymusiccity

What you're seeing now is testing. It hasn't been put into invisible water shield mode yet.

I'm not saying it will work. I'm saying what we're seeing now is definitely not what will be attempted as a daytime fountain.
I would have thought that the barges would be a whole lot less intrusive if they were painted sky blue, not lagoon murky grey.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have been reading through the thread and that is some massive show equipment and I know that they are still installing it. So, I shall wait and pass judgement on this until I see the new show and what it looks like in the day once everything is completed.

The folks complaining about the sight lines and the old company wouldn't have done this yada yada yada.........this would be the same folks complaining about having to wait on the old show barges being brought in because they couldn't get to the Mexico pavilion because of the bridge being up. Imagine how long the wait would be getting this big stuff out into the lagoon!

Management changes, ownership changes but the founder of all this said:

“In this volatile business of ours, we can ill afford to rest on our laurels, even to pause in retrospect. Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future.”
-Walt Disney
The people accepting this mess (yada yada yada) are the same ones to blame for standards dropping. Yada.

Walt Disney was well known as a stickler for detail and for hiding what shouldn’t be seen. So that quote is kind of a mute point. Yada.

Last edited by a moderator:

montyz81

-Walt Disney

I don’t think this is justification for abandoning the principles of design they set for themselves decades ago.
Not even a little. Compare the walk down Main Street where little details like the opening credits of a movie are a detail that the original (Walt himself) Imagineers thought of to the monstrosity that sits behind UoE. The continuity of "show" is completely lost on this generation of Imagineers. Harmonious makes it even more apparent that we need to start calling them all engineers (no offense to the profession of engineers, the structures themselves are an engineering marvel) rather than Imagineers.

Movielover

The people accepting this mess (yada yada yada) are the same ones to blame for standards dropping.

Imagine that.
While I am a person who generally waits until projects are complete before passing judgment, there really is no way you can justify these barges in this case. I give a pass for most things simply because I still have fun while experiencing them, but these things are just wrong, period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thelazer

So inside each barge, there is going to be a metric ton of video processing / computer / lighting, show control stuff. All of it has to be kept at a reasonable temperature. Without water getting into it. Without fireworks getting into it. Hence the air conditioning and filter system for that air.

The water pumps, most LIKELY are cooled by just the water itself going thru them. They are likely in their own "room" inside the barge, sealed off from the electronics stuff. That said, even that room is going to need some cooling / ventilation.

Oh and I think the "daytime" fountains, make these things stick out even more ugly.. than if it was just left alone sitting there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom