News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

rreading

Do you think they’ve figured out yet why a spherical shape was used as a projection base since 1984?

As much as I would like to be in the camp of “maybe it won’t be so bad in person” - and maybe it will be better once behind the screen of a fountain - this comment by Martin strikes me as the worst aspect of this production.

They used to say that there were excellent viewing locations all around world showcase. The Fox and Hound patio will no longer be so desirable (assuming one wants to see this show).

“Excellent viewing locations are available for purchase through corporate sponsorship - contact your local representative. For the remainder of our guests, we have installed smaller viewing screens for your enjoyment. Relax and enjoy what you can of Harmonious!”

Inspired Figment

Like I get how of course it’s going to frustrate you when a majority of guests (or at the very least, a very large percentage) seemingly don’t like or understand the work you’ve created as it stands rn. But at the same time, you’re already in a higher position within the organization and are ‘supposed to be’ the better example here. If guests still don’t enjoy the work after it’s been finalized & released, then perhaps it’s time to take a step back, have some empathy, and think about what possibly went wrong or ways to help alleviate the situation rather than stay on your high horse and think you know better than the people who are giving you money.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

This attitude embodies what is wrong at WDI.
No empathy or ability to look beyond what is in front of them.

It is scary to think this individual could be in charge of the creative process for EPCOT’s last remaining classic attraction...

How long is Chris going to be at WDI? Would he really lose his job if the show didn't hit guest satisfaction or dinner package metrics?

He knows he gets to have the title and paycheck of "Imagineer", to design whatever, and that we're just the peanut gallery to him.

A shame he can't keep that attitude to himself though.

Side note: isn't this why Jason Surrell got kicked out of Disney? He got into some spat with the fans?

What a jerk.

Yeah, this attitude & post are going to do wonders for helping unhappy guests respect this work more and put a damper on any further bad PR they’ll receive if the show doesn’t live up to expectations.. NOT.

First, DisTwitter is cray cray. There's no moderator to reel in the most absurd and disrespectful and even hateful tweets. Anyone thinking that DisTwitter is representative of the Disney park fanbase doesn't know DisTwitter and it's excesses in both pixie dusting and Disney nerdrage.

Second, all Chris did was call out the use of telephoto shots of the barges/ring. And that's because the telephoto shots are a lie. People who use them are absolutely not making a good faith argument, and they deserve derision for that visual exaggeration. Chris just lol'd at their use of telephoto. He didn't say any of the mean stuff about them that I'm saying about them.

Third, for so much nothing of an issue (i.e., calling out telephoto shots as a false visual), it's disgusting to see the pile-on on Chris and people hoping he'll get fired. There's your cancel culture at work. Such delicate snowflakes for having their telephoto malarkey getting called out. Jeez, grow a spine.

Mind you. I've never defended the barges. But I will call out bad faith exaggerations unmoored from reality.

Inspired Figment

First, DisTwitter is cray cray. There's no moderator to reel in the most absurd and disrespectful and even hateful tweets. Anyone thinking that DisTwitter is representative of the Disney park fanbase doesn't know DisTwitter and it's excesses in both pixie dusting and Disney nerdrage.

Second, all Chris did was call out the use of telephoto shots of the barges/ring. And that's because the telephoto shots are a lie. People who use them are absolutely not making a good faith argument, and they deserve derision for that visual exaggeration. Chris just lol'd at their use of telephoto. He didn't say any of the mean stuff about them that I'm saying about them.

Third, for so much nothing of an issue (i.e., calling out telephoto shots as a false visual), it's disgusting to see the pile-on on Chris and people hoping he'll get fired. There's your cancel culture at work. Such delicate snowflakes for having their telephoto malarkey getting called out. Jeez, grow a spine.

Mind you. I've never defended the barges. But I will call out bad faith exaggerations unmoored from reality.
I honestly don’t want anybody fired. What I do believe however is that it’s wiser to be the better example and be humble rather than only make the PR worse by laughing at or mocking the fan response. He’s in a higher position & is supposed to represent Disney’s class & professionalism. Why doesn’t he just not say anything & wait for the final response when the final show has debuted?

Last edited:

TalkingHead

I honestly don’t want anybody fired. What I do believe however is that it’s better to be the better example and be humble than only make the PR worse by laughing at or mocking the fan response. He’s in a higher position & is supposed to represent Disney’s professionalism. Why doesn’t he just not say anything & wait for the final response when the final show has debuted?
Ego, pure and simple. The modern WDI mantra is “no one can touch us,” no matter how delusional that is.

Creathir

Chris is not just calling out the telephoto comparison, he is being outright dismissive of the entire concern. Unless you have some other knowledge the rest of us do not, the tweet alone does not indicate otherwise.

I have no idea if Chris is involved in the decisions surrounding these barges, but if he was, yes, he should be fired. Along with anyone else who is making such terrible decisions.

I don’t wish I’ll will on anyone, but WDI should be held to a standard far above what they have been exhibiting as of late.

trainplane3

So how do we let the folks at Disney know our displeasure after actually having seen the show of course?
By going to guest relations and filing a complaint. Not by bullying someone on the internet.

While it is extremely bad show and unprofessional having someone involved with a project laughing at the fanbase, divebombing them on social media isn't the right answer.

UNCgolf

I think it sums up what's wrong with Disney fandom in that their telephoto malarkey is called out and they have a cow over it.

That's not how I read the tweet. It may be what he meant, but if so, he could have communicated better. It read (at least to me) like he was saying anyone complaining about the barges period is laughable and that there's absolutely nothing wrong with them. The telephoto shots are definitely part of it, but the second more accurate photo he used still looks terrible.

I say more accurate rather than just accurate because a standard photo generally has the opposite problem from a telephoto shot in that it makes everything look smaller than it does in real life. Certainly not to the extent that a telephoto lens enlarges and compresses, though.

Last edited:

No Name

A surprising lack of maturity on display here! All I’ll say is, someone losing their job over a bad decision and bad attitude in response to customers isn’t cancel culture. That’s getting fired because they suck at their job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom