News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

techgeek

I'm really torn here. The theater tech geek side of me can't wait to see the the full show and these barges in action... but then the theme park side of me weeps at how these look in daytime. 😞

The theater tech geek side of me keeps looking for something to be impressed over, and isn’t finding it. There’s nothing truly cutting edge going on here, so far as we’ve seen, and not a lot of reason to believe they are holding back many surprises on the tech side.

I am hoping to be wrong and it be a stunning, jaw dropping technical and artistic tour de force, but I just look at the pieces and parts come together and feel like I’ve already seen the show.

Granted, part of that is probably because we’ve literally been watching the pieces and parts come together... Which is a massive fail from a tech theater standpoint to begin with.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I am withholding judgement until they turn it on.

Was everything really so impressed by the “before” World Showcase views? I can’t remember ever sitting back and thinking, “wow, what a view”, and I’ve leaned against those rails and looked over the lagoon many a time.

Last edited:

durangojim

Was everything really so impressed by the “before” World Showcase views? I can’t remember ever sitting back and thinking, “wow, what a view”, and I’ve leaned against those tails and looked over the lagoon many a time.
I can only speak for myself, but no, I never felt "impressed". What I did feel was a sense of happiness, and strangely enough, satisfaction that something that showed countries of the world together peacefully could look cool and give a sense of calm. Sounds weird I know, but that's just me.

mgf

But you couldn't.....

1614434326608.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The theater tech geek side of me keeps looking for something to be impressed over, and isn’t finding it. There’s nothing truly cutting edge going on here, so far as we’ve seen, and not a lot of reason to believe they are holding back many surprises on the tech side.

I am hoping to be wrong and it be a stunning, jaw dropping technical and artistic tour de force, but I just look at the pieces and parts come together and feel like I’ve already seen the show.

Granted, part of that is probably because we’ve literally been watching the pieces and parts come together... Which is a massive fail from a tech theater standpoint to begin with.

No matter how many predator drones or torches fire out of that thing...it is “bad show”

I get they want to “go big”...but the mentality is just not consistent on this one.

Probably could and SHOULD have added a country instead...but we know that isn’t gonna happen.

Ha, I wonder if Joe is gonna write an executive order to stop it?

Joe Rohde?

Was everything really so impressed by the “before” World Showcase views? I can’t remember ever sitting back and thinking, “wow, what a view”, and I’ve leaned against those rails and looked over the lagoon many a time.

15 minutes a day...versus 23:45 a day. People really need to mature slightly and not concentrate on the parades and fireworks...they might just build something more tangible.

Stop trying to be reasonable 😉

I’m not sure wrecking the original design for a cupcake selling vessel is “reasonable”. They’ve shown their hand here.

I can only speak for myself, but no, I never felt "impressed". What I did feel was a sense of happiness, and strangely enough, satisfaction that something that showed countries of the world together peacefully could look cool and give a sense of calm. Sounds weird I know, but that's just me.

That is the point of thematic design...to either:

A. Grab your attention on purpose
B. Subtly relax you by not grabbing your attention

This is C...and the C students don’t rule the world.

Touchdown

You know with that ring in WSL it’s high time we have a daytime show. Hire the old Cyprus Gardens crew and do an “International Water Ski Show” set to exciting new age synth melodies that evoke Europe and Asia with an exciting African Beat amaze as this multi talented crew do tricks around the lagoon, utilizing the four massive jump ramps and the finale having a skier jump through the amazing hoop in the (off) center of the lagoon!

Last edited:

Nottamus

I too will really like to see what happens when it’s turned on before I pass judgement ...but Epcot is/was a place the wife and I would like being at sunset..View attachment 535793

Attachments

• D677F68E-4262-450A-9C4B-8E610284594A.jpeg
    D677F68E-4262-450A-9C4B-8E610284594A.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

It will be so much better than the fireworks show that was around for years. Hopefully this will be here for Epcot’s 75th anniversary 😊😄🥰😍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom