News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Interesting bit of fabric scrim installed on the arm of the Mexico fin barge today.

DSC06610-1.jpg

Merlin0402

Even if I forget about losing sight lines or the barges looking like oil rigs - What is the reason for everything being purposefully placed off-center, again? I remember this being discussed weeks ago, but cannot remember.

If these objects were lower to the ground and beautiful, walking toward them from the entrance and seeing them off-center would still flare up my OCD...

Need any more Salt or Butter for your popcorn, Martin? ;)
I agree, what’s annoying me most about these things is that they aren’t properly centered in the lagoon...

TTLUTS

Is this a sign that Harmonious could begin sooner rather than later? any chance its done by May? How long does testing take (anyone know from previous shows when they were launched even though this is more comprehensive?)

yensidtlaw1969

You know, someone suggested a little bit back that the show might be staged off-center to play better to the Table . . . and the more I see the more I think that's probably what's happening.

Which is, on top of being dumb to begin with, a real shame considering that (misguided) viewing platform has been canceled, leaving the show off-center for no reason.

Touchdown

You know, someone suggested a little bit back that the show might be staged off-center to play better to the Table . . . and the more I see the more I think that's probably what's happening.

Which is, on top of being dumb to begin with, a real shame considering that (misguided) viewing platform has been canceled, leaving the show off-center for no reason.
It is so weird how it’s off center, maybe they didn’t want to screw up the laser effect on SE from AA? Just why in the world is it off center?

TTA94

Maybe I missed it, did anyone figure out what could be the reason they are off center? Or did make a boo boo when installing the hookup platforms? Lol.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Maybe I missed it, did anyone figure out what could be the reason they are off center? Or did make a boo boo when installing the hookup platforms? Lol.
I think they centered it to the lagoon itself not to the center of EPCOT. (SSE to AA)

I think somewhere in the thread (or Harm thread) is a picture of it.

M:SpilotISTC12

This just keeps getting better and better. If they are going to do stuff like this, why not go full six flags and throw up a huge roller coasters outside with zero regard for theme or sight lines. At least that way it won't (or shouldn't) take 3 years and half a billion dollars to build a roller coaster. Epcot is going to hell in a hand basket and quick. This is sad.

hpyhnt 1000

Maybe someone else can confirm, but I suspect it's because they just reused the existing dock that was built for the Earth Globe and inferno barge for RoE.

The 3-piece Stargate monstrosity is so much bigger than those previous barges that it's shifted the entire show footprint westward when docked in the same location. The designers must have been more focused on saving a buck by not needing to rebuild the dock than they were about everything now being (laughably) off center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom