News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Has Disney ever heard about a boathouse before, they come in all shapes and styles and can match the country it sits in, and most of all have they ever heard of a pulley system?

Attachments

• B0035684-B736-4C4F-8A61-7F894817F3B7.jpeg
    B0035684-B736-4C4F-8A61-7F894817F3B7.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 151

Giss Neric

Kane88

Seeing a person on the barge validates how massage the structures are. Good thing about it is that you'll now have a 360-degree view of the show around WS. No need for fastpass premium viewing except for Harmonious dessert parties.
Except that there will be a center barge with a water screen as well that will pretty much only face north-south, there will be spots along the East and West sides were the water screen won’t be visible or may be hard to view. There won’t be a full 360 view

TTA94

From MansionButler84s post of Harm being pushed off until 2022, mostly due to EF not getting ran long enough and it’s a easier show to social distance... That Leaves me wondering why do they seem to be rushing to finish construction and move the barges out? Should have kept them backstage until they are actually needed lol. Or do whatever testing they need to do on that one barge then move it backstage again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From MansionButler84s post of Harm being pushed off until 2022, mostly due to EF not getting ran long enough and it’s a easier show to social distance... That Leaves me wondering why do they seem to be rushing to finish construction and move the barges out? Should have kept them backstage until they are actually needed lol. Or do whatever testing they need to do on that one barge then move it backstage again.
They’re not rushing. Things were getting tight backstage.

trainplane3

I’d wager to say this thread has made it to the eyes of several Entertainment/Epcot leaders.
They are. Not like anything will come of it because the one's that have the final say don't care. Sadly the one's that do care don't have the power to make changes to this hilariously bad oversight.

And even if something does happen it doesn't change the fact WDI pitched the show with these things and assumed it'd be fine.

TTA94

They are. Not like anything will come of it because the one's that have the final say don't care. Sadly the one's that do care don't have the power to make changes to this hilariously bad oversight.

And even if something does happen it doesn't change the fact WDI pitched the show with these things and assumed it'd be fine.

Thing is what can they really do at this point? They can’t scrap those expensive barges. Only thing could do, assuming the barges can technically be moved often, Is bring them in and out, but to do that they will probably have to expand the backstage marina im guessing? Which I kinda thought originally they might end up doing that with the current land area used for construction. I’d say it would be a tight squeeze all the time through the bridge, but they did get the thing out there.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thing is what can they really do at this point? They can’t scrap those expensive barges.

They can drape the bottom part with a scrim/screen that is mirrored and angled outward to reflect the water, or a least have some sort of go-away paint job.

They can have the LED screen partially lit with some sort of go-away color scheme to reduce it's blot-out-the-horizon profile.

They can have a camera on one side of the barge and put it's image on the other side of the barge for an invisibility kludge.

They can follow through with the implicit promise of always-on fountains despite the cost of doing so.

TTA94

They can drape the bottom part with a scrim/screen that is mirrored and angled outward to reflect the water, or a least have some sort of go-away paint job.

They can have the LED screen partially lit with some sort of go-away color scheme to reduce it's blot-out-the-horizon profile.

They can have a camera on one side of the barge and put it's image on the other side of the barge for an invisibility kludge.

They can follow through with the implicit promise of always-on fountains despite the cost of doing so.

True. But the ideal thing would be to find a way to move the barges like they always used to.

Don’t think they will turn the fountains on until all the barges are out there. Maybe once they do it won’t be as bad as we thought? lol

I do agree a paint job or scrim would be help.

Disney Analyst

My question is, if they have agreed to daytime fountains, can it really be that expensive to run?

Sure it means the pumps will be used more, which means their life span will be shorter. And then of course electrical costs. But from a labour perspective it’s an ideal solution cost wise.

How much could it really cost to run all day? I think the biggest cost is the visuals of world showcase changed until they replace this show in 20 years...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My question is, if they have agreed to daytime fountains, can it really be that expensive to run?

Sure it means the pumps will be used more, which means their life span will be shorter. And then of course electrical costs. But from a labour perspective it’s an ideal solution cost wise.

How much could it really cost to run all day? I think the biggest cost is the visuals of world showcase changed until they replace this show in 20 years...
Well... they certainly made being able to do maintenance a priority with a king-sized industrial ground-floor lobby for workers to walk around it.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

This is all just shocking to me.

Years ago I used to give backstage tours to guests. One of the most regular and consistent "shocks" people got, was that the Haunted Mansion was not really "in" the mansion and that Splash Mountain was really just in a warehouse out back, not in the mountain. The ways in which imagineers hid show buildings was a true and amazing talent. It separated Disney from every other theme park out there. Dinosaur Countdown to Extinction is another great example.

Fantasmic! at Disneyland is an engineering wonder, with light grids popping out of cement sidewalks and speakers from rocks, with the entire show taking place on a stage that is traversed by guests all day long with no idea the whole area transforms at night.

The people who designed those attractions and shows must be really, truly unhappy with BBB and Taco-nious Harmonious. Just a sad downgrade in quality for the company and for the guest experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom