News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

jrhwdw

Sounds like all construction has ceased. So much for seeing this before 2021. No doubt they will push Harmonious off until WDWs 50th Anniversary.
We don't know what date TDO had in mind. Rumors went from May to Oct before Corona. I'm guessing work would restart right when the parks reopen. Maybe a little before? So we might still have Oct 1, Start of Festival Of Holidays, even Christmas Week if TDO needs to open HUS to help Epcot's Crowds in 2020.

Not related to HUS but does involve WS: Is Rat just about done?? The outside Entry-way went up last week. What more work if anything major needs to be done so Rat can open?

TTA94

Sounds like... based on what?

EvilChameleon must think Harmonius is excluded from the construction hault and it will debut as planned. But Hey, I hope it does. We shall see. Not confirmed “by Disney”. Oh, and my apologies for missing the wording in my prior post of “speculation“.

Last edited:

TTA94

Probably nobody actually knows this answer right now but given the current projection date of the parks opening by or in May, hopefully, and opening is phases and low capacity, is it highly likely we will not be seeing Harmonius until sometime in 2021? I think it would be crazy to think it will still debut this Fall given that construction has stopped, that we know of, and how much money Disney is loosing. The Only reason I could see it would stay on track or close it is if Disney needs Harmonius up and running to bring guests in the park?

Crazydisneyfanluke

Probably nobody actually knows this answer right now but given the current projection date of the parks opening by or in May, hopefully, and opening is phases and low capacity, is it highly likely we will not be seeing Harmonius until sometime in 2021? I think it would be crazy to think it will still debut this Fall given that construction has stopped, that we know of, and how much money Disney is loosing. The Only reason I could see it would stay on track or close it is if Disney needs Harmonius up and running to bring guests in the park?
Few questions to ponder on.
1. When will EPCOT open?
2. How long will the Corona virus policy be in effect for? This could mean no shows for a while. (Fireworks, Parades, Theater)

Also, Firework shows are expensive for Disney when they open. (I could see special seating for F!) They do not have an immediate, trackable cash income. Even though shipments are still coming in, they could have stopped ordering for the time being.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I’m fairly sure there will be no fireworks and other nighttime shows for a while after the parks re-open. That means no Harmonius for the foreseeable future.

Thelazer

I’m fairly sure there will be no fireworks and other nighttime shows for a while after the parks re-open. That means no Harmonius for the foreseeable future.

I would expect to see one fireworks show per week, likely only at one park.

They will continue work on Harmonious.. It will be the push for the fall / holiday's to get people in.

Chupaca Bruh

Our first trip to WDW was in May of 1996. The Magic Kingdom was only open until 6:00 most nights, but open late on Saturday. They did the one fireworks show of the week and two showings of Spectro Magic. In all of my 80, or so, trips to Disney parks that was the second worse crowd I have ever seen. After the fireworks and before the second Spectro Magic parade the crowd was so thick, with most trying to head to the exit, that we just stood in one place, packed in super tight, for about 20 - 30 minutes. And we were trying to go against the crowd to get spots for the parade in Frontierland. Of course I learned form it and know to do a bit more research now. I don't think it would be a good idea in 2020 for them to have one night of parades or fireworks UNLESS they are sure the crowds will be lessened.

jrhwdw

Our first trip to WDW was in May of 1996. The Magic Kingdom was only open until 6:00 most nights, but open late on Saturday. They did the one fireworks show of the week and two showings of Spectro Magic. In all of my 80, or so, trips to Disney parks that was the second worse crowd I have ever seen. After the fireworks and before the second Spectro Magic parade the crowd was so thick, with most trying to head to the exit, that we just stood in one place, packed in super tight, for about 20 - 30 minutes. And we were trying to go against the crowd to get spots for the parade in Frontierland. Of course I learned form it and know to do a bit more research now. I don't think it would be a good idea in 2020 for them to have one night of parades or fireworks UNLESS they are sure the crowds will be lessened.
We didn't have a 1996 night like that before COVID!!! Only HEA in MK! OUAT as well but IDK how much of a Crowd that draws... MRFF was in the evening right before closure because of the painting, and Guests seemed to like it better so a larger crowd maybe for MRFF the last week?

IDK how much money this would take, but could TDO turn HEA into NYE style? Or go with the orginal plan for HEA before we had the fire problems right before HEA opened. Then you could spread people out all over MK, Monorail Resorts and TTC.

Epcot82Guy

We didn't have a 1996 night like that before COVID!!! Only HEA in MK! OUAT as well but IDK how much of a Crowd that draws... MRFF was in the evening right before closure because of the painting, and Guests seemed to like it better so a larger crowd maybe for MRFF the last week?

IDK how much money this would take, but could TDO turn HEA into NYE style? Or go with the orginal plan for HEA before we had the fire problems right before HEA opened. Then you could spread people out all over MK, Monorail Resorts and TTC.

From a guest satisfaction perspective, that would work. But, fireworks (and all offerings) are about getting people into the gates - or maybe restaurants. So, I doubt the ROI calculation for an expanded version like that would fly, sadly.

Magic Feather

As a note, I was told that "at worst, Harmonious gets delayed and has less pyro. The rest is too far along, and is being banked on too much. Some Epcot 3rd party restaurants have begged for Harmonious to even be fast tracked, as Epcot Forever has not been pulling the same fireworks diner numbers. That need for revenue (especially putting a fireworks show in their most spread out venue) may see Harmonious plow through while everything else is cut down to bare bones."

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As a note, I was told that "at worst, Harmonious gets delayed and has less pyro. The rest is too far along, and is being banked on too much. Some Epcot 3rd party restaurants have begged for Harmonious to even be fast tracked, as Epcot Forever has not been pulling the same fireworks diner numbers. That need for revenue (especially putting a fireworks show in their most spread out venue) may see Harmonious plow through while everything else is cut down to bare bones."
The overriding rule would be where things lie with social distancing rules by the time it is ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom