News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Old script:
"We’re gathered here tonight, around the fire — as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us..."

New script:
"Oh Elsa I'm so excited to be here! This is going to be the best celebration ever! Are you ready to blow out the flames?"

*looks for heartburn medication*

Someone needs to pin this post. I want to see if you nailed it word for word. It's gonna be a close run thing. I can actually hear it in my head.

Kman101

100% this. I love RoE and hate to see it go, but it's 20 years old and needs to change. I'm fine with change, love it really. But having to cram the latest Pixar or Disney Animation Studio into a ride or a show got old years ago (to me). I saw enough ads for Frozen that it caused me to hate it before even seeing it.

Ads are a thing for a reason, but shoving it down my throat at every step in the park drives me away from it. Heck with how much Star Wars is shoved at me, I'm starting to slowly care less of it. Marvel suffered similarly about 2 years ago to me. I like when they do tiny promotional things that are exclusive (as much as I didn't care for the overlay, the TL Incredibles thing was kind of nice...and not permanent). I may have been a weirdo when I was 10, but I liked Epcot since it was full of things I've never seen before and not *latest Pixar movie goes here* plastered on top of *semi relevant country/pavilion*. Though I am kinda bummed that Coco didn't go into Mexico since there is a very solid and not half-"efforted" cultural tie there.

I *love* HEA (before anyone circles back to how wonderful Wishes was, I get it, it's subjective, we all like what we like, they're both excellent shows - it's actually possible to love both shows! I know!) but I don't want it duplicated on the World Showcase Lagoon. I can stomach (I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm used to that, LOL) some tasteful IP (but that remains to be seen, how they use IP in the show; I think it's possible to have a compelling show that honors Epcot yet includes IP, but we don't know the end result yet). I don't want World of Color having a baby with HEA and showing up on the WS lagoon.

And I'm also one who felt it's time for RoE to go.

I'm more mixed on this. It's easy to get worked up about IP but we have no clue what the final execution will be. I'm preparing for the worst but maybe I'll get surprised?

And I do think the reaction towards RoL didn't help matters here any in terms of IP. I can easily see them thinking the lack of IP is the problem, not the, you know, actual problems RoL has.

geekza

I guess what bothers me the most about everything going on at WDW is the homogenization of everything. Why have four parks if each of them is going to be stuffed with characters that are everywhere and a disregard for making sure that all new attractions or character additions serve the central theme of the park in which they are placed? Part of what made the parks special and stand out from any other non-Disney theme parks was that each was unique. Those days are past. Now, they're simply space that is to be used to plug in whatever character or attraction will increase attendance and revenue. I know a lot of the folks who never experienced at least the first two parks in their heyday have their fingers already on the keyboard to tell me to get over it and that things are fine and that it doesn't matter how things were in the past. The fact is that we wouldn't be discussing this on this forum today if Disney hadn't gone the extra mile to be unique and special during the "old days." The parks' reputation and longevity came about because the company cared about them and went above and beyond to give guests total immersion in parks that transported you away from the cares of the outside world. I've said it before and I'll say it again, original EPCOT Center was spectacular and a technological and conceptual marvel. It didn't need the characters. MK was where the characters lived and that's what made it special. EPCOT Center was about ideas, achievements, and culture. It was smart. It was beautiful. On top of that, it was tremendously fun!

People like Iger and Chapek are why Daddy drinks.

jrhwdw

I fear this as well. I mean, rap/hip-hop has been the only thing on top 40 radio for 2 decades. That can't be coincidence/manipulation by the music industry, can it?

Memo to Chappie - Using current trends is distinctly NOT "more timeless, more relevant, more family, more Disney". In fact, it makes the problems you think you're trying to fix much, much worse.

While I agree with we don't want that kind of music on WSL, THey didn't put that kind of music into HEA! I
Didn't the Illuminations 25 shown have IP? And some of the shows that preceeded the original Illuminations?

IllumiNations 25A had Lion King, it only lasted till June 1997 I think. WDWMAGIC wasn't around yet So IDK if there was an uproar or not.

I'm not 100% sure but the shows before IllumiNations were not movie music.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
HEA is a great show! Does it have the soul of Wishes? No. It is still an impressive display that leaves few wanting more. I personally think it is the greatest "show me the best Disney IP" show there is.
The problem with HEA (and this really has nothing to do with IllumiNations) is that the projections require you to be on the South side of the castle to really enjoy the show. It makes congestion in the Hub and Main Street even worse than it would otherwise be at night. Lose the projections and people can take in the show from anywhere in the park.

eliza61nyc

It will. Additional Characters.

lol I've got no horse in this race because as much as I do like ROE, I've seen it 30 thousand times and I'm ready for something new. I'm one of those folks who doesn't wax poetically about some thing I've seen ad nauseum (as far as my vacations go) and I try to wait until I actually see something before stressing about it and I know this question will get me virtual "stoned" but has anyone ever thought that the reason why the are putting characters and IP everywhere is because maybe today's park going guest wants to see them??

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Old script:
"We’re gathered here tonight, around the fire — as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us..."

New script:
"Oh Elsa I'm so excited to be here! This is going to be the best celebration ever! Are you ready to blow out the flames?"

*looks for heartburn medication*

You know...if I was skeptic...you’d have me worried 😐

geekza

Ok I'm going to throw out a question that I know will get me stoned in virtual but has anyone ever thought that the reason why the are putting characters and IP everywhere is because maybe the park going guest wants to see them??
just saying, you guys here are a small holdover from a bygone era.
Of course they want to see them. That's why the MK exists. We're holdovers from a better era.

Tony the Tigger

Ok I'm going to throw out a question that I know will get me stoned in virtual but has anyone ever thought that the reason why the are putting characters and IP everywhere is because maybe the park going guest wants to see them??
just saying, you guys here are a small holdover from a bygone era.

We are back to back on this. Prepare to get reamed as we always do. People think they are supposed to say IP's are bad so they sound cultured or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom