News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

PorterRedkey

And there’s the deal...reminds some of a preview reel in front of the old Disney vhs tapes.

Originality will always be more memorable...don’t think we’ll get much of that...it costs more.

I guess I must be shallow to appreciate these type of shows, but I do. Wishes had the creepy children singing. That always put me off of that show even though the idea behind it was well thought out.

Originality is always the best IMHO. RoL is my favorite music of any show currently playing at WDW. I just wish the show was consistent. However, the music never fails to inspire me. I love the DLP fireworks and they are definitely a greatest-hits version.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I like RoE but it does have some flaws. The pacing is a bit odd, and about halfway through, it gets so quiet people think the show is over and start walking away.

The globe was "upgraded" but never looked that great and with modern technology and the massive upgrades done at MK's fireworks show, it was definitely time to do something different or at least truly make the globe presentation of better quality.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I guess I must be shallow to appreciate these type of shows, but I do. Wishes had the creepy children singing. That always put me off of that show even though the idea behind it was well thought out.

Originality is always the best IMHO. RoL is my favorite music of any show currently playing at WDW. I just wish the show was consistent. However, the music never fails to inspire me. I love the DLP fireworks and they are definitely a greatest-hits version.

I wouldn’t say “shallow” at all...it’s just overtime repetitive replays of little mermaid and tangled clips stick to the ribs far less in memory...that could just be me though.

It’s not that they can’t be good...just not as good.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Any word on what "Summer 2019" means? I'd assume earlier (June-ish) to try and help Runaway Railway as much as possible bridge the attendance valley before Galaxy's Edge opens, but was wondering if anyone had any deeper knowledge...

The Disney Parks Blog article says it will " run to the end of summer 2019", so I assume it will run until sometime in September.

brb1006

Indeed...I haven’t stayed for the whole thing in quite sometime...till September 1st...where the lack of the screamers was shockingly reminded to me...

People forget that this show has been stripped down to the gascan over Time...it’s not what it once was.
Here's a video of the show back when it was fresh in 2000.

Seeing this video gives me chills. :jawdrop:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I like RoE but it does have some flaws. The pacing is a bit odd, and about halfway through, it gets so quiet people think the show is over and start walking away.

The globe was "upgraded" but never looked that great and with modern technology and the massive upgrades done at MK's fireworks show, it was definitely time to do something different or at least truly make the globe presentation of better quality.

What are these “massive upgrades” at magic kingdom? Projection?

That’s at least 50% as much because of cost savings as it is for “innovation”

UpAllNight

I love the music of illumiNations but the show is definitely dated. More sad abou the music to be honest. Excited for a new show though.

They’ll be desperate to keep people in the park when Star Wars opens, so it makes sense from a timing point of view. Epcot attendance is in for a ropey period Fall 2019 to 2021 (erm ropier)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
What are these “massive upgrades” at magic kingdom? Projection?

That’s at least 50% as much because of cost savings as it is for “innovation”

It doesn't matter IMO, the show is improved greatly due to it, and I think their projections have improved either by the projectors themselves or how they're implementing it vs. what they started with a few years ago.

PorterRedkey

I wouldn’t say “shallow” at all...it’s just overtime repetitive replays of little mermaid and tangled clips stick to the ribs far less in memory...that could just be me though.

It’s not that they can’t be good...just not as good.
The addition of rare song like those from Notre Dame, make FEA fresh for me.
I do understand your frustration though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I love the music of illumiNations but the show is definitely dated. More sad abou the music to be honest. Excited for a new show though. They’re desperate to keep people in the park when Star Wars opens. It’s in for a ropey period Fall 2019 to 2021 (erm ropier)

I actually agree...

But it can’t be IP...that just doesn’t fit the park...or the festivals they run 250 days a year

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom