News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Centauri Space Station

I'm curious how/why. I have never seen it, so I always thought the complaints were overblown. I was wrong.

I absolutely hated that. Too fast between songs. Too short of clips. All IP. No throughline other than to tell us that music is good and can make you feel things instead of actually letting the music let us feel things. Crappy pyro. Bad scenes. Unbelievable they ruined the lagoons with tacos for that.

Holy cow was that not just underwhelming, but actively awful.
You have to see it in person IMO, it will never translate well

Jedi14

I'm curious how/why. I have never seen it, so I always thought the complaints were overblown. I was wrong.

I absolutely hated that. Too fast between songs. Too short of clips. All IP. No throughline other than to tell us that music is good and can make you feel things instead of actually letting the music let us feel things. Crappy pyro. Bad scenes. Unbelievable they ruined the lagoons with tacos for that.

Holy cow was that not just underwhelming, but actively awful.
I already liked the show during its premiere and wanted them to do a concert since it started, and the livestream helped to portray the theme of the show. That music is universal and the songs can connect us no matter the language.

Mikey73181

What’s interesting is I just watched the end of a different live stream and the rest of the park definitely heard a different pre recorded version of this. I could especially tell when Auli’i was talking at the end her pacing was different. The person also said when it was over they could hear the music coming from the speakers AND hear the live stuff coming from the stage.

Kevin_W

That's the first time I've seen Harmonious. I think the consensus of this board is dislike and I can see why.

But as I Disney plus show, it was great. Kind of like the ABC Christmas specials condensed into 20 minutes with better music.

wtyy21

There were additional narration when i watched the Harmonious Live on Act II on Act III. Feels look better than regular one.
Before Aladdin scene (Act II):
"Our Journey to soul continues across every continent, memorable at magic of music as our stories echo around the globe."

Before someday and EPCOT Anthem (Act III)
The power of music is not just all around us, but this is..."

Last edited:

Stevek

I’ve got to say…while this may not be my favorite nighttime show at WDW. Not by a long shot, this way of seeing it live-streamed with all live performances is pretty cool.

It does kinda highlight one of my major problems with this show though, how it jumps between scenes at a breakneck pace.
But was any of the vocals really live? It sounded far too polished and produced to be live. I’m saying no way…it was all lip synced.

Disone

That was enjoyable. They really did not capture the show itself, but rather strongly focused on the elements of the show that are NOT there nightly. For the first couple of minutes that was making me feel some sort of way, but then I realized, this is a one time show, with live singers, performers, and an orchestra.

I imagine if they just showed the show and not all the live elements Disney would be flamed hard for showcasing during a "Live" event the parts of the show are really are not live.

After that I began to sink into the production and really enjoy it. Not sure why Dig a little deeper was done from Italy, but I do wish they had done more live parts from around the WS Lagoon.

I would be okay with an annual production of this show live. Perhaps the next time Out There can be song from France, Dig a little deeper from USA, Keep Coco live from Mexico, But a Mulan part from China would be neat as well.

I would like to see the narrated parts of the live show NOT in the pre-record show, added.

Over all, I liked the LIVE show alot. As for changing opinions of the normal nightly production, I suspect if you did NOT like this show before this, you still will not like it after, and if you liked the show then you still do.

Vegas Disney Fan

But was any of the vocals really live? It sounded far too polished and produced to be live. I’m saying no way…it was all lip synced.

100% lip synced, which was very disappointing for me. I love this show and was looking forward to this, I would have preferred a real show with some missed notes and fireworks bleeding into the mics over an overproduced fake.

I liked the mix but it was obvious it was prerecorded in a studio and professionally mixed rather than live.

Richie248

100% lip synced, which was very disappointing for me. I love this show and was looking forward to this, I would have preferred a real show with some missed notes and fireworks bleeding into the mics over an overproduced fake.

I liked the mix but it was obvious it was prerecorded in a studio and professionally mixed rather than live.

Loved the live stream and thought it was well produced. Was great to see the live orchestra and musicians but agree it was all pre-recorded. I also feel that Harmonious itself was playing second fiddle and was more of a background piece than central focus. The live stream didn't sell the show, but more so the soundtrack. Regardless, would love more livestreams from Disney Parks.

bhg469

You have to see it in person IMO, it will never translate well
I did not watch it last night but I can go any night of the week to go see it.. I won't go unless we 're taking someone that wants to see it for the first time. It sounds like the special translated better than seeing the show in person from one of the two strategic locations you can view it from.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I am biased, I know, but I thought that was pretty incredible - well done by the whole production team

Be great to keep in Auliʻi Cravalho's narration for the show normally

View attachment 647705
I liked Idena Menzels closing dialogue even if they use Auliʻi Cravalho's voice I really hope they make that closing a bit more upbeat like it was last night. I actually liked Menzels narration better.

TheMaxRebo

I liked Idena Menzels closing dialogue even if they use Auliʻi Cravalho's voice I really hope they make that closing a bit more upbeat like it was last night. I actually liked Menzels narration better.
That would work too, especially for the sendoff

While I really like the show overall, the ending is the weakest part - using a song from Hunchback that was cut from the actual movie was .... A choice

gerarar

Premium Member
Just got done watching the replay on Disney+, and that was a really nice beautiful production, so kudos to the team and people behind it.

This showing just reinforces my three favorite parts/segments of the show that I liked when I first saw it Christmas Eve 2021.
  • Intro of How Far I'll Go/Go The Distance mashup
  • Mulan – Reflection
  • Finale with Someday
However, this also highlights how the show is really disjointed and just a bunch of songs clipped together (few are nicely transitioned, but majority aren't).
Idina even pointed out how the show's soundtrack is basically just 15 Disney "classic" songs in 13 different languages.

Loved the live orchestra, choir, singers, different languages, live narration, camera/vantage points. Now do this for DE (and HEA..)!

Also, it wouldn't hurt if Disney Parks Live made this a yearly thing with all their nighttime spectaculars. I can already imagine one for Fantasmic!

Last edited:

Kevin_W

While I really like the show overall, the ending is the weakest part - using a song from Hunchback that was cut from the actual movie was .... A choice

Yeah, that's never been my favorite song and it's not like the Disney catalog is short on good songs. Perhaps trying to capture the "We Go On" feeling? Though I'd posit they could just use We Go On...

Cliff

Lip-sync'd...100% NOT a live recording. It was completely a studio recording. C'mon guys....it was billed as a "live" music event. It was just a studio remix with muscians and singers fake performing it. They didnt even try to add fake enviromental sounds or even reverb. Its just a dry studio sound-proof room recording.

In general....I hate all fake live, lip-sync'd "performances" in ANY music situation. I'd rather hear the imperfection of REAL singing and music playing. If I paid for a "live" concert and got lip-syncing? I'd ask for my money back. This is the kind of stuff that Brittney Spears and other's like that do...not something real muscians do.

Well?...at least it looked cool.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

Yeah, that's never been my favorite song and it's not like the Disney catalog is short on good songs. Perhaps trying to capture the "We Go On" feeling? Though I'd posit they could just use We Go On...

I think that is it exactly - going for that more altruistic "We Go On" vibe .... But felt tacked on and not really fitting with rest of the show

I think they should just rearrange and end with the Coco part as the "Music is my language and the world is mi familia" is basically the theme/point of the show ... Maybe have some of the other musicians join in for a reprise of it - like have the Fiddles from the Brave part and the brass from Dig a Little Deeper play along to further reflect the "harmony" and playing music together, etc

ppete1975

I was shocked it was over so quickly.

I will say that I hope this was a trial run, and if it does well we will get more live events on disney plus. Or just stuff from the parks in general.

MrPromey

This reminds me of the people I've seen get off of Fast and Furious: Supercharged, unironically and excitedly yelling about how great it was. Yet, we know the overall consensus on it.

Well, those are the same people who like the movies and they keep makin' 'em so. :oops:

I kid, I kid... but only sort of.*

*everyone has different tastes; we're all beautiful and unique in our own ways and I'm sure someone out there thinks something I love is a pile of hot wet garbage, too.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom