News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Disone

We should get an Epcot Tag........ Anything more than that would be very Interesting...........As I listen to I25 B as I type this No Less!
Oh, now that you mention it, that's probably likely that we'll get some sort of tag for that evening only. That's certainly seems to be consistent with past precedence.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I've never heard boos for harmonious, even on the first night. Find me a YouTube video that you hear boos at the end of the show. I'm also 100% Certainly, I've seen it more than you. Just leave at that. We're not going to agree and that's okay

Because you’ve had microphones set up around WSL every time you’ve seen it and thus have recorded, verifiable proof no one has booed this? Come on.

FutureCEO

Marni It's a great source, but I still don't read his articles and say that the ratings are abysmal. They might not be what Disney wants them to be, but abysmal they are not.

I am curious, have you been to the show? If you have not or even if you have, I challenge you to watch it and then listen to the crowd after it ends. Actively just listen to what people are saying about the show. I've been to it enough times. Now that I assure you, you're going to hear praise. You are going to hear positive comments. I have actively listened for negative comments. Occasionally I hear them, but every time I go I will absolutely hear positive comments. Aside from this personal experience, I also have another set of insights that allows me to know that the show is not abysmal.

Back on topic about the new live presentation, there's actually going to be a rehearsal on the 20th prior to the 21st. For both presentations that rehearsal and the live event, Disney has asked its cast members to come be in the audience. It filled up with cast volunteers in a matter of moments.

I know many on here Hate the show and want to present a narrative that it has completely flopped.

I'll make you a friendly bet that in a few years times, Harmonious will still be playing and will be able to look back at this disagreement of insights and see which was closer to the truth.

Sadly, this is mostly right. Went in May and hated it to the point where I wanted to leave within the first couple minutes (I forced myself to watch) but most people seemed to enjoy it. Though we watch it near America/Japan. Not sure what the reaction would be from someone watching it in like Norway would be.

Visually stunning. Check
Fireworks. Check
Music and Story. Horrible
Worth: Stargate/Sauron's Eye/tacos or whatever: NO

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I've never heard boos for harmonious, even on the first night. Find me a YouTube video that you hear boos at the end of the show. I'm also 100% Certainly, I've seen it more than you. Just leave at that. We're not going to agree and that's okay
As someone who has been in the park nearly nightly, yes, boos do occur. I have pictures of consistently empty viewing space on Saturday nights. The show is no doubt a bit of a headache for management at the moment.

Poseidon Quest

I am curious, have you been to the show? If you have not or even if you have, I challenge you to watch it and then listen to the crowd after it ends. Actively just listen to what people are saying about the show. I've been to it enough times. Now that I assure you, you're going to hear praise. You are going to hear positive comments. I have actively listened for negative comments. Occasionally I hear them, but every time I go I will absolutely hear positive comments. Aside from this personal experience, I also have another set of insights that allows me to know that the show is not abysmal.

This reminds me of the people I've seen get off of Fast and Furious: Supercharged, unironically and excitedly yelling about how great it was. Yet, we know the overall consensus on it.

Disone

This reminds me of the people I've seen get off of Fast and Furious: Supercharged, unironically and excitedly yelling about how great it was. Yet, we know the overall consensus on it.
Your experience on fast and if yours was completely different than mine. I do not recall anyone coming off of that attraction doing anything else besides yawning. Me included.

trainplane3

I'm interested. Genuinely interested. Find me the YouTube video where you can hear the boos please.
I don't know why this is such a sticking point?
Applause will outweigh boos simply because less people will boo a Disney show. I mean, RoL got applause and the general reception of it was a snoozefest inducing, boring show to most. You probably can't hear a boo unless you're right next to someone doing it honestly.
First night is extremely doubtful to hear any negative feedback in the park itself. I know of some that heavily didn't approve of the show but they didn't say anything and they were former WDI (who's ideas formed parks).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
No... but because there are tons of YouTube videos of it now online and you would think at least some of them would have the boos recorded. Come on indeed.

And you've watched them all. That's impressive!

Plenty of people like the show. Plenty of people dislike the show, for one of many reasons. There has been a significant amount of negative feedback received by Disney on this show, as has been reported by several posters on this site, including the owner. If you choose to ignore them all, that's on you and no one else.

Good day.

Centauri Space Station

Marni It's a great source, but I still don't read his articles and say that the ratings are abysmal. They might not be what Disney wants them to be, but abysmal they are not.

Back on topic about the new live presentation, there's actually going to be a rehearsal on the 20th prior to the 21st. For both presentations that rehearsal and the live event, Disney has asked its cast members to come be in the audience. It filled up with cast volunteers in a matter of moments.

I know many on here Hate the show and want to present a narrative that it has completely flopped.

I'll make you a friendly bet that in a few years times, Harmonious will still be playing and will be able to look back at this disagreement of insights and see which was closer to the truth.
This a billion percent! I’ve seen lots of praise online and in person of harmonious. The best I ever hear of enchantment is “it’s not bad”

adam.adbe

If the show is boring, I don't hang around to the end to annoy the people next to me by booing, I just leave and go make use of the shorter queues elsewhere. I have a hunch I'm not that rare a breed in this.

Or are you suggesting you also count the number of people walking away early too?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photo of the stage area from this afternoon -

CF78DD39-C2BF-44E9-BE51-692B209F6716.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom