News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Clamman73

Is there survey bias built into Disney surveys by putting choices in a particular order that may favor their hopeful result?
Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 4.04.18 PM.png

James Alucobond

Is there survey bias built into Disney surveys by putting choices in a particular order that may favor their hopeful result?
View attachment 619671
No, unless it pre-selects the "better" radio or runs counter to the order or logic used in other similar questions (e.g. question 5 starts with "better", but question 6 starts with "worse").

123mart123

I'm sure in the company they're wondering why they spent (and are spending) so much on a new show when the return is looking even if not worse then a "simple" show like EF. Regardless of my feelings of the show, I'd expect better ratings simply because it's new.
Not if its “NEW” but its a mediocre show that is only mediocre from a few premium viewing spots and sub-mediocre from everywhere else.

JeffH

"Worse"? This implies that Illuminations was bad, perhaps "not as good as" would be more appropriate. I don't know what "IllumiNations 25" was but when IllumiNations debuted at the Millennium (2000) it was the best show ever, brought tears to my eyes with happy emotion and the only change I ever noticed in that show was that some of the fireworks were nerfed down and towards the end, the lagoon effects went away.
MY problem with the new show is that when you consider all the hardware in the water (and the eyesore it creates) that the show should be much better. Here they have new HD viewscreens and they waste them showing crappy puppet stick figure depictions of our beloved animated characters...why nerf down the animation????? Is it supposed to be cute??? I would think that they would use the screens to show our beloved animations then sweep over to their real-life depiction remakes. Since it is a 50-year show it maybe should have represented the changes (good and bad) at Disney World?

Last edited:

fgmnt

I half haphazardly watched Harmonious for the first time a few weeks ago. While admittedly not in a great view for prime judgment... I listened to the RoE score on the way home.

At the end of the day, the company saw fit to spend unholy sums of money on a show that is ultimately less impactful than its 20 year old predecessor. A successor to Reflections of Earth was overdue; it was a 20 year old production with even older direct predecessors. What we were given in Harmonious was a show conceived, built, and scored by people who have quite obviously never been to EPCOT Center as members of the public, or even cast members on some free time. It's fine, I guess. At best. If debut satisfaction scores of Harmonious among the alcohol-buying crowd are lower than the twilight of RoE, that has to be incredibly dire, no?

The vibe I get from Martin is that a rework is inevitable. I doubt we will rid ourselves of the tacos so soon, but I almost feel like we should /expect/ a rewrite of the show to be announced by Labor Day.

Vegas Disney Fan

I don’t know that I could answer this question, I find the harmonious show much better but the daytime barges are a massive eyesore.

If they offered to scrap Harmonious and bring back Illuminations tomorrow, solely based on my answer, I don’t know what I’d choose.

Happily ever after on the other hand would be back tomorrow without hesitation.

Vinnie Mac

They ask questions they know the answer to and select the participants to get the statistics they want. So, I agree; it's not a big deal. Move along...
You really think for one second that Disney needs your approval to do what they want? You really think one of the biggest companies on the planet need to rig a poll to do whatever they want with their money...?

Vinnie Mac

I don’t know that I could answer this question, I find the harmonious show much better but the daytime barges are a massive eyesore.

If they offered to scrap Harmonious and bring back Illuminations tomorrow, solely based on my answer, I don’t know what I’d choose.

Happily ever after on the other hand would be back tomorrow without hesitation.
The best nighttime show lineup possible right now imho would be:

MK: Happily Ever After
Epcot: HarmonioUS
DHS: Fantasmic and Star Wars (though I am still satisfied with a Fantasmic solo run)
AK: New nighttime show with story but more exciting than that river whatever show

In a perfect world, we could have both Wishes and HEA running at the same time as well as ROE and HarmonioUS running at the same time. But this isn't a perfect world, so we'll work with what we got.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom