News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

jaxonp

All these fails lately, I can’t help think the teams wanted to do better but just had no more funding and had to make do. I just picture them begging higher ups for a bit more money to get things right and being told they can’t have one more cent and make it work.

I really hope this is era is a quick blip and the negative feedback makes them wake up.

at this point funding isn't the issue, it's an excuse.

jumpinjamie

I will admit, since a kid in the 80’s I found EPCOT mostly boring with the exception of the original Figment. I think IP (and more rides….) has always been what it has needed for families. I liked the concept of this show however, I found it to be visually not interesting. Can someone tell me what is cutting edge technology about screens and fountains? Fantasmic did that 30 years ago and holds up today as a way better show than this. How they didn’t use drones in this in 2021 is beyond me. Watching videos of drone shows at Universal and Dollywood is way more impressive.

DorysDitty

I dont understand being attached to HEA. It hasn't been around long enough to love like that.
We were never connected to Wishes. We got our first annual passes the year HEA debuted. We saw Wishes only a few times, whereas we saw HEA several times per trip. We listen to the music on our way to Florida. It's my freakin' ring tone! I cried like a baby (along with my husband and 8 year old) watching it for the first time post-pandemic in July because HEA IS Disney for us. I teared up watching the final stream last night remembering that same 8 year old as a 5 year old on a surprise Disney trip. We'd driven down a few days before our beach trip and she had no clue. We got there in time for HEA. As Hercules sang, I felt water drops on my arm. Thinking it was starting to rain, I looked at her and she was crying and whispered "Thank you, mama, for bringing me here." That's why we love HEA.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but after seeing Kitetails and now this coupled with the Disney trends, decisions, and announcements over the past few years, it pains me to say this but Disney is beginning to no longer have the feeling it once did and I do not have the same excitement planning trips there multiple times as year as I once did
YES! We let our APs expire in July and the more Disney does, the more I'm OK with that. I hate that this chapter of our life is over for now. We were "that Disney family" who would drive down from north GA every 2 months or so. I've told several people I wouldn't waste my money on Disney right now and it's so sad to admit that. I'm a theatre kid and it's that theatrical element that makes Disney not Six Flags. We'd already lost several things (Citizens at MK, DHS) before the pandemic and Covid just gave them the excuse to axe the rest of it.

As far as HarmoneoUS - I looked at my husband after the first blackout and was like "I'd give that a 5?" I was expecting a boom with all that equipment and it was just flat. Nothing from that show would be my ring tone...

*awkward pause* "Goodnight."

PorterRedkey

I am very critical of this show, but I went in expecting to like it.

I am rooting for Disney! I want them to recapture the spirit of Disney, but with each new addition (Toy Story Land, GE, Spiderman Mania, Avenger's "campus", The CREATIONS Shop,) I grow more and more disheartened. The kite show is an embarrassment. I am not some troll that hates all new things Disney. (love RSR, HEA and Pandora) I still have high hopes for Enchantment, but after last night I am reining in my expectations.

Disney used to be the best at what they do. That just isn't the case anymore. Quality used to win out. It was that high quality that kept me coming back. Now, it is the lowest "acceptable" quality. A lot of surface level quality, good for social media, but soulless like HarmonioUS.

"How much can we cut and get away with it?", seems to be the mantra. Leave eyesores in the lagoon permanently rather that go with the original plan of widening the canal and a new marina. Disney think "It's fine, we gave up on sight-lines long ago". Does anyone think there would be any thought of blending ToT with Morocco with today's management? Of course not.

I used to go to the WDW multiple time per year even while living in Indiana. It was so much fun I couldn't wait to get back. I haven't been to WDW since 2017. Sure I have been to Disneyland and DLPR, but not my old home park. Having worked at EPCOT Center in 1992, it breaks my heart what it has become.

I still love some of the attraction, but the overall experience is so diminished. I can image spending 3/4 weeks per year on vacation at WDW anymore.

I am planning on going to Tokyo when this pandemic thing calms down. Hopefully, I can get my love of Disney parks back there. A Disney property, with a management company that still believe quality wins out. TDR you're my only hope.

Last edited:

CJR

To be fair, it had advanced dementia and didn’t even know it was still running from 2014-on.

And it showed.

Its guest ratings in recent years weren’t spectacular.

To be fair, this will probably not start out with the same fanfare and drop from there as maintenance becomes needed.

Then again, it probably won't have close to the lifespan of RoE. I will be surprised if this show lasts much longer than the 50th celebration without any modifications, given the response. Depends mostly on how well those dining packages sell.

It seems like they designed this to update every few years. Here's hoping that they listen to feedback. Keep what works and improve what doesn't.

jaxonp

Nothing ****es me off more than when I hear someone ask why Hercules isn't at the Italy Pavilion. Talk about culture misappropriation...

The coffee hasn't kicked it so I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

edit: I blame the coffee... mmmk

castlecake2.0

I’m not comparing it to ROL (which I thought was lacking wow moments as well) it’s just a poorly designed thin element show on the cheap for a theater designed for something much much more. If they want to fly some of those kites randomly through the waterways of AK, Disney Springs, or Epcot, etc then ok that’s kinda cool but that show in my opinion is just such a bad idea and design and considering they have to crash some of the kites into the stands in front of the crowd.

Disney used to care about little details and the show and storytelling but it’s beginning to lack in a lot of what they do. Just my opinion though
Agreed, I’m not looking at kite tails as a nighttime spectacular, just a small show, and it still fails.
I am very critical of this show, but I went in expecting to like it.

I am rooting for Disney! I want them to recapture the spirit of Disney, but with each new addition (Toy Story Land, GE, Spiderman Mania, Avenger's "campus", The CREATIONS Shop,) I grow more and more disheartened. The kite show is an embarrassment. I am not some troll that hates all new things Disney. (love RSR, HEA and Pandora) I still have high hopes for Enchantment, but after last night I am reining in my expectations.

Disney used to be the best at what they do. That just isn't the case anymore. Quality used to win out. It was that high quality that kept me coming back. Now, it is the lowest "acceptable" quality. A lot of surface level quality, good for social media, but soulless like HarmonioUS.

"How much can we cut and get away with it?", seems to be the mantra. Leave eyesores in the lagoon permanently rather that go with the original plan of widening the canal and a new marina. Disney think "It's fine, we gave up on sight-lines long ago". Does anyone think there would be any thought of blending ToT with Morocco with today's management? Of course not.

I used to go to the WDW multiple time per year even while living in Indiana. I was so much fun I couldn't wait to get back. I haven't been to WDW since 2017. Sure I have been to Disneyland and DLPR, but not my old home park. Having worked at EPCOT Center in 1992, it breaks my heart what it has become.

I still love some of the attraction, but the overall experience is so diminished. I can image spending 3/4 weeks per year on vacation at WDW anymore.

I am planning on going to Tokyo when this pandemic thing calms down. Hopefully, I can get my love of Disney parks back there. A Disney property, with a management company that still believe quality wins out. TDR you're my only hope.
please copy and paste this into an email and send it to them

Crazydisneyfanluke

EDC Orlando got a new venue. Heard they were testing it out last night.

All jokes aside. A few points:

1. Past shows included the pavilions that were being featured. I think if they added lightning to the pavilions with each part of the show, it would bring more of immersive feeling.

2. Past shows also added features as the show goes on. Using everything right of the station made the show feel flat and not really going anywhere. I also think they over used the perimeters.

3. The show is a mess. Reminds me of the new Halloween show.

Looks like the highlight of the night was SSE and the monorails. Which are just lovely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom