News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

misfitdoll

Did someone put their 5th grader in charge of new Epcot names last night?

I am so glad you brought this up. While watching the announcements I truly thought the names were placeholders for the “real” names they would later have. My brain was straight-up rejecting them and marking them as spam because they all sound like bot speak. Like... did they translate them to another language and then translate them back? Did Google text-predict them? Did a four year old name them using mad libs? HOW are these names NOT A ROUGH DRAFT. 🧐

CJR

Told my DH about "HarmonioUS" and he said, "They're making a fireworks show about the US?"

About those water screens for projections...will they be viewable from all angles?

Eeeehhheeiimmm.....
64262125_378252676152283_9087884529142600329_n.jpg

tomast

I am sorry, as a foreign fan of Disney I am wondering what's the double meaning/Pun/trick in the naming of the new Night show?

Does the capital letters in HarmonioUS means...
A) US as United States?
B) US as speaking of Disney themselves?
C) US as including the audience??
D) US as everyone like humankind?

And Harmon mens:
A) harmony as pleasing to the ear like referring to the music.
B) forming a pleasing or consistent whole (like not Music specific)
C) harmony as the chordal structure.
D) as another way to say melodic
E) as another way of saying friendly/ conflict free (thinking about World Showcase related/ an Harmonious relationship between us )

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am sorry, as a foreign fan of Disney I am wondering what's the double meaning/Pun/trick in the naming of the new Night show?

A) US as United States?

And Harmon mens:
E) as another way of saying friendly/ conflict free (thinking about World Showcase related/ an Harmonious relationship between us )

Living together in peace and harmony is harmonious living.
The music of Disney (harmony is sometimes used for music in general and not just chordal arrangements).
All about us, in we the people of the world.

I look forward the next show: ¡totALLy aWEsome!

Magic Feather

A) US as United States?

And Harmon mens:
D and B/E, with "Bonus" Callouts to A/C.

tirian

Said it in another thread, but man, losing IllumiNations for a nighttime show centering on Disney songs might be the biggest downer from all of this. Again, the idea that "movie characters = more Disney" really brings me down; I might be an 80s kid, but I remember growing up with a Disney that was so multi-faceted that everything could technically be "more Disney", to use Chapek's terminology, whether it was the characters themselves or just the general approach to real world issues and ideas (e.g. how Disney handled educational productions, or specials on nature or technology).

And, yeah, repeating what was said above...I can hear these songs anywhere on Disney property. Part of the fun of going to WDW as a kid was getting to pick and choose what we liked most about the various parks, and it worked in large part because they were so different from one another; homogenizing them isn't the answer, but this is a homogenizing step.
Quoted for truth. Even as a ‘90s kid, “Disney” was so much more than cartoons. I don’t think the younger fans from my generation fully realize today’s “Disney” is mostly marketing hype meant to sell merch.

But also in the ‘90s, people were already accusing Disney Animation of losing its famous spark. The theme parks held out longer because Eisner trusted WDI (despite cutting budgets after EuroDisney).

Do people realize one of Pixar’s core tenets was a reaction against the cookie-cutter, corporate Disney movies under Eisner, and to return to the classic Disney method of storytelling? Watch a Pixar documentary or read a book from their founders.

Last edited:

Janir

So they've added some new search light sequences during the pre-show. Right when the 15 minute announcement comes on all the spots light up over the lagoon. Neat touch!
69604458_10216740222692011_9175266625023115264_o.jpg
I noticed that on on last trip 2 weeks ago. I was confused 'cause I knew there wasn't spotlights before, but why add them in just as your closing down the show?

No Name

This may or may not have been pointed out, but the title HarmonioUS is an odd one in World Showcase, as the “US” part may look like it’s short for “United States” rather than just the word “us.” That’s at least how I saw it upon first glance. “HarmonioUs” would be better.

Either way, it’s clearly inferior to the play on words “IllumiNations,” and I think they should’ve gone an entirely different route with the new show’s title.

Edit: yeah it was pointed out a lot lol

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom