News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

brb1006

Hmm and here I was thinking farewell merch was something they hadn't thought of before the last decade or so. DLP didn't have any MSEP merch for its farewell in 2003. It was DIY farewell merch: you had to buy the Baroque Hoedown single and then you could get it signed by Jean-Jacques Perrey.
Didn't help that the Disneyland Paris version of the MSEP was the most inferior version (Apparently the floats at Paris minus the Elliot float we're mostly borrow from WDW while the Pinocchio section was from Disneyland).

cosmicgirl

Didn't help that the Disneyland Paris version of the MSEP was the most inferior version (Apparently the floats at Paris minus the Elliot float we're mostly borrow from WDW while the Pinocchio section was from Disneyland).

Inferior? In what way? Yes, there were budget cuts throughout the years and that meant you got a shorter parade and fewer performers at quieter times (when it only ran on the weekends) but the final performance was the most epic MSEP I've ever seen. They had all the elements but they didn't have the money to do that year round. I'll take a short MSEP over no night-time parade any day.

jrhwdw

Inferior? In what way? Yes, there were budget cuts throughout the years and that meant you got a shorter parade and fewer performers at quieter times (when it only ran on the weekends) but the final performance was the most epic MSEP I've ever seen. They had all the elements but they didn't have the money to do that year round. I'll take a short MSEP over no night-time parade any day.
Also I believe that NYE 1999 DLP MSEP was the full version as well. It's on YT somewhere.

Actually back in 1992, after my first time seeing Spectro. I thought MK could do just Mickey's Unit and the Finale during Mon-Thurs/Fri, then Full Spectro for weekends. That was before Spectro/MESP went every day/week thanks to WDW's 25th.

cosmicgirl

Also I believe that NYE 1999 DLP MSEP was the full version as well. It's on YT somewhere.

Actually back in 1992, after my first time seeing Spectro. I thought MK could do just Mickey's Unit and the Finale during Mon-Thurs/Fri, then Full Spectro for weekends. That was before Spectro/MESP went every day/week thanks to WDW's 25th.
You may be right! I didn't even think of that. That day was the epicest of epic. BTM at 3:45am :D I just tried to find the video but no such luck so I would love a link if you have it.

trainplane3

This whole magicband upgrade mess lead me to discover this today:
It's the only magicband I've ever bought (orange Epcot 35 LE with SSE) and I haven't had a chance to use it yet so this was a very pleasant surprise! It'll be with me forever. ❤

I grabbed that, the UoE one, and the Figment one just because of the different effects.

Last edited:

Texas84

This whole magicband upgrade mess lead me to discover this today:

It's the only magicband I've ever bought (orange Epcot 35 LE with SSE) and I haven't had a chance to use it yet so this was a very pleasant surprise! It'll be with me forever. ❤

I have that. Stopped using it because I thought the lights meant it was malfunctioning and the voice sounded angry. I would look at the CM and they would just wave me through.

TTA94

I hope the new Illuminations takes after Sea Worlds Ignite. It by far beats Rivers of Light. Ignite is a pretty good show with the lasers, flame throwers and fountains.

HoldenC

I hope the new Illuminations takes after Sea Worlds Ignite. It by far beats Rivers of Light. Ignite is the best nighttime show after HEA in Orlando with the lasers, flame throwers and fountains.
Fixed that for ya ;) This year they've added more fireworks and added two more lasers facing Bayside to make more iconic than ever. I don't understand why SWO doesn't market the show more. They KNOW they've got the best fountain show in Central Florida. Perplexing.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hope the new Illuminations takes after Sea Worlds Ignite. It by far beats Rivers of Light. Ignite is a pretty good show with the lasers, flame throwers and fountains.
Fixed that for ya ;) This year they've added more fireworks and added two more lasers facing Bayside to make more iconic than ever. I don't understand why SWO doesn't market the show more. They KNOW they've got the best fountain show in Central Florida. Perplexing.
Ignite certainly surprised me with a) how good it was and b) having the most gorgeous soundtrack. Some of the techniques and effects are sadly missing from Epcot of today. I must upload my edit of it sometime!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom