News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

ToTBellHop

The funny thing with all the new Illuminations construction photos....

I have zero clue what I'm looking at. Oh, a smallish barge... that's for... something I guess. And look, pipes sticking up out of the water, just like all the other pipes that stuck out of the water for decades, that means... something.
That one makes boom and the other makes splash. The flootzer makes a low boom.

trainplane3

The funny thing with all the new Illuminations construction photos....

I have zero clue what I'm looking at. Oh, a smallish barge... that's for... something I guess. And look, pipes sticking up out of the water, just like all the other pipes that stuck out of the water for decades, that means... something.
Those concrete forms are probably anchor points for the new barges. Kind of like what we have now where they're towed out at a certain point of the day, hooked up, and sit idle until the Pentium 3 master show controller begin the show.

trainplane3

Little article about RoE in Mickey Monitor and starting on page 4, we have merch: https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...program/extras/2019-summer-mickey-monitor.pdf

cosmicgirl

brb1006

I tried searching for it the other night and couldn't find it.

It actually says that right in the middle of the last picture but it's pretty easy to miss.
Yeah, that's why I added the release date just in case some users might missed it. Maybe I might catch that ad again another time. Because I remember stumbling upon the ad at random two or three days ago late a night on Youtube.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm hopping on to something said - but Mickey blowing out the flames is awful. That's the most 2019 TDO thing I've seen.

"Screw you nostalgia and originality, here's trippy Mickey in yo face" smh

It's a bit ironic that TDO/P&R management views nostalgia as 💩, except when they want to profit from it.

And that Mickey blowing out the torch? 🖕TDO, Chapek, et al.

trainplane3

I'm hopping on to something said - but Mickey blowing out the flames is awful. That's the most 2019 TDO thing I've seen.

"Screw you nostalgia and originality, here's trippy Mickey in yo face" smh
It's a bit ironic that TDO/P&R management views nostalgia as 💩, except when they want to profit from it.

And that Mickey blowing out the torch? 🖕TDO, Chapek, et al.
Finally a reason for me to share this. The Bobs take on the parks:

Thank you JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

michmousefan

I realize this is the minority opinion, but I'm fine with the "farewell" merch. I actually like the design quite a bit, not offended by Mickey blowing out the torch. That's an iconic part of the show, and while I can see the cynical view of IP extinguishing "non-IP"... I'm enough of a Mickey fan to want to have that shirt.

ROE was/is/probably always will be my favorite Disney nighttime spectacular, by a very wide margin. It had a great run, I've seen it too many times to count, but it's time to move on. I doubt any replacement will come anywhere close to matching it, so I'm keeping my expectations for whatever comes next rather realistic.

jrhwdw

At least the Farewell Merchandise for Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade was more dignified
MSEPF_02-420x420.jpg

20170117_093141-1.jpg

30979711ba56650609c23b291e8a5974.jpg

Same with Walt Disney World back in 2001.
s-l300.jpg

m_5b034ae345b30c94d9e1d80d.jpeg

msep2.JPG
Looks like they reused that shirt from the 1999 return!!! I have the 1999 shirt when MSEP returned to MK!!!! I wonder if that shirt was available the whole time MSEP was there from 1999-2001?

cosmicgirl

At least the Farewell Merchandise for Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade was more dignified
MSEPF_02-420x420.jpg

20170117_093141-1.jpg

30979711ba56650609c23b291e8a5974.jpg

Same with Walt Disney World back in 2001.
s-l300.jpg

m_5b034ae345b30c94d9e1d80d.jpeg

msep2.JPG
Hmm and here I was thinking farewell merch was something they hadn't thought of before the last decade or so. DLP didn't have any MSEP merch for its farewell in 2003. It was DIY farewell merch: you had to buy the Baroque Hoedown single and then you could get it signed by Jean-Jacques Perrey.

cosmicgirl

Looks like they reused that shirt from the 1999 return!!! I have the 1999 shirt when MSEP returned to MK!!!! I wonder if that shirt was available the whole time MSEP was there from 1999-2001?
I don't think it was available the whole time. My first visit to WDW was in July of 1999 and I'm pretty sure I would've bought an MSEP shirt if they'd had one. Or maybe they were just out of stock at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom