News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I wonder if this new show will follow the "Illuminations" line of naming. "Illuminations 100" or something. They said this show will be a "continuation of the legacy" of "EPCOT's lagoon shows".
Would they be able to pull off a new class of "IllumiNations" named shows without risking confusion that it would be the previous 99-19 show? I would love for the name IllumiNations to return to the Epcot nighttime shows but I don't think it's likely. I mean, how many people actually called it "Reflections of Earth" outside of us die hards?
I believe "Illuminations: Windows on the World" was a tagline for one of the replacement concepts. Could be wrong though.
If it was ever considered, it would possibly have been scrapped because it closely resembles the name of the "Windows of the World" restaurant that sat at the top of the North Tower of World Trade Center.

trainplane3

Would they be able to pull off a new class of "IllumiNations" named shows without risking confusion that it would be the previous 99-19 show? I would love for the name IllumiNations to return to the Epcot nighttime shows but I don't think it's likely. I mean, how many people actually called it "Reflections of Earth" outside of us die hards?

If it was ever considered, it would possibly have been scrapped because it closely resembles the name of the "Windows of the World" restaurant that sat at the top of the North Tower of World Trade Center.
The Illuminations name has been used for so long. I don't think there's a negative to continue using it honestly. It's been a staple of Epcot for over 30 years.

Cmdr_Crimson

I wouldn't bet on them showing the logos on there
i-can-dream-harold-asdf.gif

mattpeto

I personally don’t think the barges are long for this world. People up the ranks do not like the look at the lagoon. I've said previously they will likely survive through the end of 2023. but that's merely my opinion.

I wonder if Epcot Forever makes a return before a new permanent show.
I’m feeling better about my prediction, but some people around here are holding onto the barges for dear life.

Can they really double-down on the barges?

Epcot82Guy

It’s a lot of money to throw out, but clearly the show isn’t working so maybe we will be lucky enough to see their demise quite quickly

Yes. And, to be fair, I've rallied against WDW recently and really avoided time there as much as possible. But, I am also the first to give credit when due. If the management was able to see its mistakes and do better (and believe that is actually the case and not lip service), I will come back. Deep down, we all want the Parks to be better - and I hope any of us who can would support it if they did that.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I'm concerned this is going to be another IP heavy show. There's a few things to unpack here.

1. Happily Ever After as a *show* isn't coming back, but the song is going to be the theme to a new show that was NOT mentioned to be related to the 100th.

2. DLR is getting a "100th anniversary show" celebrating 100 years of Disney.

3. EPCOT's show was described as a 100th anniversary show.

It seems like EPCOT is getting the 100th anniversary IP bomb, and MK is getting Frankenstein HEA to appease the mob.

Disone

It's not going to happen. I suspect Harmonious will be here for a few more years. It won't last the 19 years that reflections of Earth did.

It was busy tonight at Epcot. The show was pretty good but almost none of the lasers worked and the firework that pierces the heart that launches off the American adventure did not fire. (I assume due to the recent fire).

But for the first time in a while Epcot felt busy. And then I realized it didn't just feel busy. It actually was busy because there was a traffic jam getting out of the parking lot.

And then I remembered it's Friday night, and Magic Kingdom closed at 6:00 p.m.
I'm surprised no one called me out on my suspicion that Harmonious would be around for a few more years but not 19 years like reflections of Earth. So I thought I would just call myself out here. Clearly wrong.
I'm disappointed because the show grew on me. When I first saw it I was very meh. Second viewing, I decided to watch it front and center and thought it was slightly better but still meh. With subsequent viewings I began to really like the show.

Tonight I went again. Right on the heels of the announcements from d23. I will say the crowd seem genuinely into the show. At least from front and center. Maybe it just terrible from the sides. Maybe it just really bad? Maybe I just like a show that is horrible. I guess that's probably the case.

I hope I love the third one. But Epcot forever was pretty bad. Harmonius was better but not Reflections of Earth. I don't have high hopes for their third attempt. But third time's a charm?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom