News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Den Carter

Stargate's arms are back in action. Not sure if that's a new development tonight or another recent day. They weren't working any of the three times I watched in August. Makes a great difference.

Vinnie Mac

I still don’t understand all the hate Harmonious gets, but maybe that’s because I didn’t care that much for Illuminations.
Most people enjoy Harmonious. The most hate for it comes from this board and a few YouTube comment sections. Outside of others opinions, I personally think it's a great show and I have enjoyed seeing it change and evolve over time. Also happy to see Illuminations era holiday shows adapt to the Harm tech,

bhg469

Most people enjoy Harmonious. The most hate for it comes from this board and a few YouTube comment sections. Outside of others opinions, I personally think it's a great show and I have enjoyed seeing it change and evolve over time. Also happy to see Illuminations era holiday shows adapt to the Harm tech,
Serious question.. how has it evolved?

Incomudro

I still don’t understand all the hate Harmonious gets, but maybe that’s because I didn’t care that much for Illuminations.
For me it's because Illuminations didn't clutter the water with huge, hideous barges all day long just to put on a short show at night.
Also: More (bigger, brighter, louder) isn't always better in my book.

Last edited:

trainplane3

The shows a mish mash of too much at once but not enough happening. Do I watch the screens? The fountains? The fireworks? The arms and lights? No build up to a grand event because every segment is it's own event.

It has no pacing. It's the purest definition of a clip show. You can drop a segment and never know it was gone.

My hate for the show really got to me after the boat view of the side of the ring. How was something that simple overlooked? My favorite bit from that was receiving an official picture of the show that showed me what I didn't see.

bhg469

sometimes you could see what was on the Illuminations globe. Who am I kidding, you could never see what was on the Illuminations globe.
That is really pushing it.. I had many nights where we enjoyed it without much issue.. We have no time viewing the new show because no one is blocking your view to see it on most nights.

correcaminos

For me it's because Illuminations didn't clutter the water with huge, hideous barges all day long just to put on a short show at night.
Also: More (bigger, brighter, louder) isn't always better in my book.
My kid was underwhelmed with the barges even during the show. Music underwhelmed him too so we left. Adding in the monstrosities during the day doesn't help. Many like it. Many don't. I don't think either were universally loved butI sure had an easier time looking for a spot for Harmonious vs IllumiNations so that says something to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom