News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Disney Analyst

Aside from the necessary shields, do we know if they'll put any effort to somehow conceal/disguise those ugly looking launchers? That right there, looks bad.

What did it look like before? I never thought to look at all during the day for those launchers during ROE years.

trainplane3

Aside from the necessary shields, do we know if they'll put any effort to somehow conceal/disguise those ugly looking launchers? That right there, looks bad.
What did it look like before? I never thought to look at all during the day for those launchers during ROE years.
The old launchers looked similar. They really don't stick out unless you're looking for them.

I'm looking forward to a guests getting the shock of their lives when those things fire off repeatedly throughout the show.

Yes vertical video. Stupid Pixel 3xl and its' poor orientation detection.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
5AAE9D1A-C592-40D8-96DE-0038153F2B32.jpeg

TTA94

l
The old launchers looked similar. They really don't stick out unless you're looking for them.

I'm looking forward to a guests getting the shock of their lives when those things fire off repeatedly throughout the show.

Yes vertical video. Stupid Pixel 3xl and its' poor orientation detection.

Always fun lol

CaptinEO

Absolutely I think that's the case, and could be why I enjoyed it more from the California Grill after already seeing it from in front of the castle.

That sort of ties in to my overall point, though -- most Disney guests probably aren't going to see it more than once, or if they do it's going to be several years apart. I don't think it's the best design to have something that works better for people who can see it regularly when that's a minority of their customer base. But that's just my opinion (obviously) and nothing wrong with thinking differently.
The one time I saw HEA we were on a planter in an area behind the castle and I assumed the fireworks would be further behind us. When the show started we didn't realize that half the fireworks come from the front of the castle.

I'm used to Disneyland where the fireworks all come from the same spot.

That being said there was this really awesome person there with a glow stick who knew the show perfectly and directed the crowd where to look. It made it super memorable actually.

NelsonRD

Is that the permanent/final product? I might be in the minority here, but that is ugly, and nothing that launches out of it, is worth the obtrusiveness to me. I get bored quickly during firework shows, so I look forward to new technology, but not in this direction. Maybe if it was hidden, the wide distance between fireworks might impress, but I guess we have waved goodby to hiding infrastructure years ago.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is that the permanent/final product? I might be in the minority here, but that is ugly, and nothing that launches out of it, is worth the obtrusiveness to me. I get bored quickly during firework shows, so I look forward to new technology, but not in this direction. Maybe if it was hidden, the wide distance between fireworks might impress, but I guess we have waved goodby to hiding infrastructure years ago.
Have you been seeing pictures of the stargate and tacos? If yes, then you've been seeing pictures of those launchers and you never noticed them because the only ones in view are on the opposite side of the lake from you and just a blurry dot to your eyesight.

Telephoto shots do not represent the reality of oneself in the park using one's human eyes.

Notes from Neverland

This is very comparable to what has been there. And, as others have noted, Harmonious has much bigger issues sitting permanently in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon.

Movielover

Man you must have absolutely hated Illuminations then since these babies have been on the lagoon since it's inception...

Reflections-of-Earth_Full_6884.jpg;width=1600;quality=60

:rolleyes:

NelsonRD

Have you been seeing pictures of the stargate and tacos? If yes, then you've been seeing pictures of those launchers and you never noticed them because the only ones in view are on the opposite side of the lake from you and just a blurry dot to your eyesight.

Telephoto shots do not represent the reality of oneself in the park using one's human eyes.

Fair enough. But my main point of less effort to hide infrastructure still stands. I will be there in July, and will see for myself the lagoon and launchers first hand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom