Reflections After a Week-Long Solo Trip

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Trip reviews, dining reviews, and general observations are all subjective. The OP brings up good and valid points that impacted his visit. But everyone's visit is different. We all like different rides, have different opinions on resorts, like different types of food options. We all have our nuances. In general we go in with our own set of expectations - and thus, we make a judgement on whether or not those expectation were met (or in some cases exceeded).

When I visit, I don't expect perfect. But I do expect escapism and a general good quality. I don't dwell too much on a bad experience. Sure, I've seen ride (and animatronic) malfunctions, been evac'd out of a ride, had plenty of bad meals, poor service, seen a trash can or three that was overflowing, felt customer service at times was lacking. But I've never observed it to be rampant. The word "rampant" being subject to my definition and my experiences. But the before mentioned does happen.

Based on my personal criteria, the biggest issue for me nowadays is the lack of food quality vs the cost being charged. If you want me to pay $18 for a burger and fries, then give me a better quality burger. And don't give me chain quality in a signature restaurant. But that feeling in turn lends itself to a re-calibration of my future expectations....which is probably why I find myself eating on property less and less. But that's just me. I'm sure others feel the food in general may meet or exceed their expectations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom