News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Magic Feather

I think delayed. DVC isn’t dead, just lying injured for the moment.

Whether the same plans get resurrected, or they come up with something else in a few years, is a good question. I would hope the latter.
DVC wasn’t doing too hot in the last year-ish either. I wouldn’t be surprised to see no more new DVC builds for the next few years at WDW as they work to see off Riviera. Maybe one more conversion/expansion of an existing property before Reflections would be restarted.

EpcotCenter82

Does anyone know the theme of the next mwas onorail, I hope, resort? Or is that why the GF to MK walkway was finished? So the next resort doesn’t need a monorail station.
Don't think that will ever happen. There was a resort themed to Venice planned for the area between the Poly and Contemporary in the original designs for WDW. When Eisner was CEO, a resort themed to the Greek isles was planned for the same area but was never built.

floydbeatle

Don't think that will ever happen. There was a resort themed to Venice planned for the area between the Poly and Contemporary in the original designs for WDW. When Eisner was CEO, a resort themed to the Greek isles was planned for the same area but was never built.
I'm all for a Greek island resort. If Disney could recreate Santorini, Rhodes, Mykonos, etc. that would be impressive. I also just watched "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" on Netflix, and I am all for a Western themed resort. Maybe like Deadwood they could do a Disney "shootout." Just random thoughts.

Heppenheimer

If I recall correctly, the soil under this piece of land was found to be unsuitable for supporting the weight of a large hotel. Pending some kind of technological breakthrough in building material, we'll likely never see anything substantial constructed here.

My vote for a hotel theme? A grand Alpine chalet-style. Something like this:

chalet-hotel-schoenegg.jpg

Put it near Blizzard Beach for thematic consistency. Or in the spot they had designated for Reflections and surround it with pine trees to make the transition between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness more naturalistic.

jt04

I'm all for a Greek island resort. If Disney could recreate Santorini, Rhodes, Mykonos, etc. that would be impressive. I also just watched "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" on Netflix, and I am all for a Western themed resort. Maybe like Deadwood they could do a Disney "shootout." Just random thoughts.

Greek themed resort by Disney in Florida can't lose.😊

PS great western. Only Once Upon a Time in the West is better. 🎥

homerdance

DVC wasn’t doing too hot in the last year-ish either. I wouldn’t be surprised to see no more new DVC builds for the next few years at WDW as they work to see off Riviera. Maybe one more conversion/expansion of an existing property before Reflections would be restarted.
Between the new price points, DVC II and the small 2 person studios not surprised at all Riveria wasn’t selling that great.

peter11435

From another thread, it is referred to as cancelled with reference of concrete and rebar being pulled with the site being returned to pre construction condition.

In a post covid world I would presume an entire new analysis of financial viability in concert with a social distance redesign will need to take place. A socially distant design may well make the foundation design

"The Mystery of Air"
Materials are being removed from the site to make it safe. It won’t exactly be anything near pre construction condition. Just no longer an active construction site, essentially a field. Construction could pick back up again down the road as the same project or something new. Similar to art of animation nearly a decade later, in that case the theme and several things changed but the site plan remained largely the same.

I don’t expect any new or future construction to be redesigned with social distancing in mind.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Well if anyone is upset by this devastating cutback/loss and really wanted to experience the wonder that would have been Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort, I can point you to any number of Embassy Suites by Hilton or Courtyard by Marriott so that you can get your fill of generic nondescript blandness.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Well if anyone is upset by this devastating cutback/loss and really wanted to experience the wonder that would have been Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort, I can point you to any number of Embassy Suites by Hilton or Courtyard by Marriott so that you can get your fill of generic nondescript blandness.
I'd prefer the Embassy, at least you get free drinks at happy hour along with a pretty good free breakfast.

Club Cooloholic

Im kinda happy about this. What I wonder then, are the stables, maybe Mickeys Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness etc going to come back if this is shelved for a year or more?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom