News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Consumers should absolutely judge the quality of a product. I never said otherwise. But your original statement was that the offerings at Reflections would be limited because of its proximity to Fort Wilderness. This was simply not true since there was a full assortment of offerings designed and planned for reflections. So now you’re arguing that the offerings won’t be high quality, which is a completely different argument and thus moving the goal post.
Let me interpret me:

Stated “services” doesn’t mean those are going to be quality enough to be of use. These DVC blocks have been lighter and lighter over time on any worthwhile ads.

So I think they would have gone pretty cheap on these because of proximity to other stuff...squeezing wine from the grapes till they’re raisins.

Last DVC “add” that seems worthwhile is Sana’a to me.

peter11435

Let me interpret me:

Stated “services” doesn’t mean those are going to be quality enough to be of use. These DVC blocks have been lighter and lighter over time on any worthwhile ads.

So I think they would have gone pretty cheap on these because of proximity to other stuff...squeezing wine from the grapes till they’re raisins.

Last DVC “add” that seems worthwhile is Sana’a to me.
Reflections was a mixed use property, like Boardwalk and Aulani. It was not entirely DVC.

The venues designed and planned for Reflections were more than adequate for a standalone resort. They were in no way dependent on any existing offerings in close proximity. Obviously the success or failure of their design/menu is an entirely different discussion that can’t be judged at this point.

Last edited:

note2001

I can see Disney recreating Mickey's backyard BBQ here again, once they've fixed up the land to presentable, which they will.

Bad themes for a resort here: Nursing home, Funeral home, Circus train and tent.

nickys

Premium Member
I can see Disney recreating Mickey's backyard BBQ here again, once they've fixed up the land to presentable, which they will.

Bad themes for a resort here: Nursing home, Funeral home, Circus train and tent.
What’s wrong with a tent? They have plenty next door. 😉
They could have yurts instead, for glamping. Tap into a new market. 😛

lazyboy97o

I would not expect much more landscaping than what is required to stabilize the ground.

manamah

I am thinking of a western town or fort themed area extending or complimenting existing Fort Wilderness. Thinking of Hotel Santa Fe at DLP but in a western style. However the waterfront proximity may not be conducive to a mid range like Santa Fe (maybe a mixed property). Due to proximity to Discovery Island maybe even a bridge (themed of course) connecting to other amenities, activities, or rooms?

trainplane3

I thought it would be awesome to look over SSE.
On paper, sounds neat. In practice:
NK792gZ.png

Not so much. (in park option)

From a few years back:
Since it’s all out in the open now, the options - from what I know - are now west of the bus station, on the bus station, and slap bang center, adjacent to the monorail station and blocking the parking lot entrance reveal.

A forth, inside the park, thankfully seems to have been dropped.

The latter two imho would be detrimental to the park. But we’ll see.
It would lead to SSE looking less impressive. Like building a giant office building next to it. Or even in front of it. Would be a nice view as you make that turn on the monorail and are greeted with a modern day office building shoved in front of a golf ball. Even if it's off to the side (bus area), it would still look bad.

There’s still a desire for a hotel. Just not over the park entrance.
If it's far enough away, it could work. I doubt it considering they've been building concrete boxes with some crap tossed on them and calling it a theme. I'll just stop while I'm ahead.

CLEtoWDW

Um...song of the south has a slave and southern racial tropes as animated characters.

It was pulled from US broadcasts 30+ years ago...

You never really went “deep” in that movie, eh?
Jesus. You know what I think about when I ride Splash Mountain? Oh look at Brer Fox and Brer Bear try to catch Brer Rabbit. How cute. That’s the attraction. Not a single reference to the controversial parts of Song of the South. It’s three fuzzy and cute little characters that sing catchy songs. Leave it at surface level.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Jesus. You know what I think about when I ride Splash Mountain? Oh look at Brer Fox and Brer Bear try to catch Brer Rabbit. How cute. That’s the attraction. Not a single reference to the controversial parts of Song of the South. It’s three fuzzy and cute little characters that sing catchy songs. Leave it at surface level.
I’m not actually arguing your point...

But I think of all things to try that “I ain’t no apologizin’” stuff...splash mountain may not be the place to make your stand. It’s like setting up on the bridge over the river kwai

FYI splash is likely my favorite all time Disney ride...and it doesn’t bother me at all. I said on one of the hypotheticals last week I’d rather they knock it down than PC retheme it.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
There’s no question when the pinnacle of hotel and restaurant development was...and it’s been awhile.

Pity too...because new construction practices and culinary arts mean you could get much better quality for the dollars spent now. But that isn’t part of the blue ocean.

Im assuming for Disney the pinnacle was AKL and it’s been downhill from there?

DVCakaCarlF

Does anyone know the theme of the next monorail, I hope, resort? Or is that why the GF to MK walkway was finished? So the next resort doesn’t need a monorail station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom