News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

rle4lunch

Funny, me too. Fell off that zip line slide thing pretty much as soon as it started. The CM gave me a little push on the back and my hands slipped off immediately. I fell from pretty high up into deep water and wasn't a strong swimmer. Luckily my dad, who was waiting at the tire at the end, was a strong swimmer and was there in what I remember as nearly immediately. Yep, good times. :)

Similar situation. Went down the more dangerous slide into the deep water because that's what my brother was doing. My dad was waiting for me in the deep water for 30 minutes, treading water the whole time, once I got down, I wasn't strong enough to swim up and he had to get me. I was flailing, he got me, but not before I clawed all the sunburn blisters off his shoulders. Life boat eventually came and got us both. Memories...

Minthorne

Sorry, I should've added more context. The 32 year old bearded hipster who finally moved out of their parents house after they came to the realization that their Psychology degree isn't going to get them a $100k a year job their first year out of college and didn't feel they ever have to work at an entry level job or work their way up the ladder. Better?

Put people into a group, label it, and then make generalizations about the group to dehumanize them and put them down. Ah, the American way!

mm121

Maybe it will just be Deluxe Camp sites?

Glamping-Tents_How-to-make-camping-more-glamorous.jpg
i wouldnt be against a loop of these at all, though would be nice if it was a "new loop" rather than converting an existing one, though i know that will never happen.

Discovery Island is one of those times where creativity and reality butt heads.

Sure, the island is cool and having something on it would be awesome, but the logistics of doing so are very cost prohibitive.

I don't think guests will every set foot on it again unless it goes ultra luxury with a price tag that will make all of the issues it has worth it to deal with.

its not that far from the mainland i'm sure the utilities woulnt be too big of a problem, i mean surely they could get power and water over there, yea it would require burying lines in the lake but im sure companies do that all the time otherwise no one would be able to live on any of the many islands florida has.

Tom P.

Not only are you insulting to all Americans, and a hypocrite, but you also do not understand the meaning of the word "irony" (which should not be capitalized in the middle of a sentence, BTW). While Merriam-Webster is a halfway decent source of information on many words, the only source one should rely on for information regarding the word "irony" is Alanis Morissette.

Please study the following lyrics and then report back when you properly understand the use of the word.
https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/alanismorissette/ironic.html

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not only are you insulting to all Americans, and a hypocrite, but you also do not understand the meaning of the word "irony" (which should not be capitalized in the middle of a sentence, BTW). While Merriam-Webster is a halfway decent source of information on many words, the only source one should rely on for information regarding the word "irony" is Alanis Morissette.

Please study the following lyrics and then report back when you properly understand the use of the word.

It's ironic that a song called ironic is filled with examples of things that aren't actually ironic. :)

Minthorne

It’s like rain on my very first flight.

deeevo

yea disney is no longer a destination for the middle class, disney only wants the rich
Not sure I agree, Disney does not want the middle to lower class... AKA Value class.. middle class can now only afford the Values and middle to upper the moderates. Deluxes are just about out of reach of the middle to upper and are not only for the upper class.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Growing up, we were firmly middle class and were able to visit usually every 2 years. Of course, there was only 1 park to visit at first, then 2, and finally 3 when I made my last trip while living under my parents roof in 1991.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom