News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Bocabear

At the most, limit it to 4 floors. That way it's at least lower and more hidden. Ideally the giant log cabin approach would be the best but you know, it's easier to toss up concrete walls with some paint rather then put effort into it.
Why limit the height instead of just designing it to be thematically consistent with the area? It just looks wrong, and it will be noticeable whether it is 4 stories or 7....
Just design it correctly from the beginning....

SpaceMountain77

I do wish we had gotten this:

1695180215093.png

Based on the released concept art, it seems that the design fell somewhere in time between the late 1700s and late 1800s. A nice continuity, progression of time, from left to right across the shore.

SpaceMountain77

Interesting permit. I wasn't sure what this was until @MisterPenguin pointed out that the location is Fort Wilderness which I confirmed. Not much information about that contractor except that they were incorporated about a year ago. I am guessing they are some sort of holding company. Expiation date of 5/1/2025 is also interesting.

View attachment 744827
With the addition of the DVC Cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort, might this be related to additional amenities, such as a feature pool, splash pad, and/or community building?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Interesting permit. I wasn't sure what this was until @MisterPenguin pointed out that the location is Fort Wilderness which I confirmed. Not much information about that contractor except that they were incorporated about a year ago. I am guessing they are some sort of holding company. Expiation date of 5/1/2025 is also interesting.

View attachment 744827
JCQ Services, Inc. is at the same address in Orlando. According to their website some of their projects include the remodeled All Star Movies, Pop Century, and Yacht Club. https://www.jcqservices.com/projects.php

Browsing their website, JCQ is less of a new construction GC than an interior demo and remodel place.

Screenshot_20230925_121901_Chrome.jpg

I don't think these are folks to build something new, which has since been deduced by the cabin addressesses. Haven't read the permit, but because they also peovide transportation services, these are likely the folks who will take down the existing cabins (to prepare for whatever secondary use) and "install" the new cabins.

Staging at Reflections makes sense because the site exists. I think they should be able to use the roads in the map below to reach the site on backrooms to avoid going through heart of FW. The red line can get them to the site and the purple line is the road from site back toward where the cabins are located (circled yellow).

Screenshot_20230925_124941_Photos.jpg

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I do wish we had gotten this:

View attachment 743952

Based on the released concept art, it seems that the design fell somewhere in time between the late 1700s and late 1800s. A nice continuity, progression of time, from left to right across the shore.
Thank you for sharing. I didn't know anything about this concept, nor the others in the article: https://dvcinfo.com/four-dvc-resorts-that-might-have-been/

It looks like the Reflections site location. In light of Reflections stopping and the introduction of the Fort Wilderness cabins into DVC, this is what I've advocated for without knowing these plans existed years ago. 😄 I'd like to see Reflections developed into a Fort Wilderness resort with the cabins as "phase 1" and new construction on the lagoon as "phase 2," like a reversal of Saratoga Springs starting with remodeled Disney Institurw rooms and later adding the Treehouse Villas to the mix.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I had assumed the 2 cabins that are a mile and a half from all the other ones would disappear with this DVC conversion but apparently not
Possible this is just to remove the existing cabin.

Edit: I'm overthinking this. It does say general construction and not straight demolition.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

For what it’s worth, I had a meal at Crocketts Tavern and some guests were complaining to the waiter how there is no longer a restaurant at the campground. He said that he’s been told there will be a restaurant when the “DVC project opens”

MR.Dis

The DVC cabins give a new option for DVC owners with pets/dogs. I am all for having diversity. Thinking this over though, the last thing I would book is a cabin after a few years of use by pets. The Pet smell and droppings are not what I would want to put up with. Each to his own. I am for the cabins but they will not be for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom