News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

aladdin2007

The rooms are very nice and large. But the common area's and the facade are mid level Marriott and too small. It is foolish and sad that Disney will never build a Wilderness lodge or Animal Kingdom lodge again. They no longer know what the Disney difference is or care.
This, and the fact they are slapping a giant modern city looking building at the poly on seven seas lagoon is the end of it.

Last edited:

Skibum1970

The rooms are very nice and large. But the common area's and the facade are mid level Marriott and too small. It is foolish and sad that Disney will never build a Wilderness lodge or Animal Kingdom lodge again. They no longer know what the Disney difference is or care.

When we did our tour, the Studio seemed tiny. It just seems like the DVC studios at other resorts were larger. That may have just been perception, though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A revised SFWMD permit was filed today to change access to the stockpile area which is being used for this project. Originally access to this was going to be directly onto Vista Blvd, but now they are going to create an access road that connects to the STOLPort, shown below in red.

View attachment 329132

I just noticed that Disney filed for an extension on this permit which expired on 5/30. This area was going to be for a stockpile of earth that would be used for the new hotel project.

Disstevefan1

There can NEVER be enough DVC in WDW - Bring it BACK!!
1687359174030.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
Tossing this here from a new Robert Niles article on Destination D23 (bold text by me).

"The new Disney Vacation Club tower at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim opens September 28. Construction continues on the "Project U" DVC complex at Walt Disney World's Polynesian Village Resort. And, I have on reliable authority, Disney is gearing up to begin construction on the long-delayed Reflections Lodge that will be built on the old River Country site at Disney World."

aladdin2007

Tossing this here from a new Robert Niles article on Destination D23 (bold text by me).

"The new Disney Vacation Club tower at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim opens September 28. Construction continues on the "Project U" DVC complex at Walt Disney World's Polynesian Village Resort. And, I have on reliable authority, Disney is gearing up to begin construction on the long-delayed Reflections Lodge that will be built on the old River Country site at Disney World."

looking for the hurl face...........it wont let me choose any emoji's or anything, its all grayed out, anyone else?

Last edited:

SpaceMountain77

Others have shared similar rumblings, but it would be very surprising to me if Disney is gearing up to begin construction on Reflections.

Consider the existing properties:
  • The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is still in active sales with an anticipated sell out of early next year.
  • Disney's Riviera Resort has sold about half of its points, with over 2.8+ million points still available for purchase.
  • The Villas at Disneyland Hotel has over 3.2+ million points available for purchase.
  • The Polynesian Tower is presently under construction and will add millions of points to the system in late 2024.
  • The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort were announced earlier this year and are planned to be installed and sold sometime next year.
Not counting Aulani, in 2024, DVC will have 5 properties in active sales, with 4 at Walt Disney World. Stand-alone resorts, like Disney's Riviera Resort, sell out slower than existing resort adjacent properties or conversions. Unless the aim is to finish what was started and/or slow burn, Reflections would compete directly with the Cabins and Riviera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom