News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Oh Absolutely, I just think it could take a year or so to even consider starting construction again. By the time they can have full capacity at all parks, paid off a significant chunk of their recent debt, it will be a year or so.
It might be a short time frame. The grass is needed to keep that construction site from eroding off into the lake given normal rains, hurricanes, etc.

Again, I think an expanded Fort Wilderness would be a better profit margin. Well, then again, if it would have, they would have probably already done it.

jt04

Oh Absolutely, I just think it could take a year or so to even consider starting construction again. By the time they can have full capacity at all parks, paid off a significant chunk of their recent debt, it will be a year or so.

Hoping the project gets reimagined in the interim.

esskay

Sadly I think its going to be a lot longer than that. The economic impact isn't even being felt yet, and with the chances of a second wave hitting getting increasingly more likely we're looking at 3+ years before the parks get close to their previous levels.

After 9/11 it took 9 years before they were able to be in a position to convert the classic years site into AoA. I don't imagine for a second it'll be that long but I guess it all depends on the next few years.

esskay

I would actually argue that external factors aside, there is more chance of this project being restarted than there was Pop Century.
It's not too different really is it?

I know pop was a bit further along - the building that become mermaid was already mostly built IIRC, along with the main building. All that's been done so far at lakeside is groundwork from the looks of things.

I guess it's probably too early to really know given we don't know what the next few years of covid will be like yet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’re looking at a 3 or so year recession minimum. Because Disney wants to believe people will have money...doesn’t mean it to be so.

Stay tuned...lean times coming for O-town.
And them allowing covid to be spread through lax restrictions isn’t gonna help. Just from a public perception angle alone.

Sir_Cliff

Assuming? I’m straight up praying they meant Cheyenne. We already have the (superior) Cars wing at AoA.
Aw, I kind of like the Hotel Santa Fe!

Admittedly, it does look a lot better at night than during the day:

disneys-hotel-santa-fe-disneyland-paris-044.jpg

Ar1w

River Country is cursed. This is nuts. How many attempts have been made since the 90's to fill this land.

I hope Disney goes back to that scrapped Buffalo Junction iteration, if they do decide to return to this land in the future. I would love to stay at a Wild West themed resort, complete with bonfires at night, and cowboys/indians roaming around. I think if they angle for the Westworld Season 1 vibe, this would be quite popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom