News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Where did you find this plan?
“2. WATER QUALITY ANALYSIS
A. Stormwater Treatment Description
Provide a description of the proposed stormwater treatment methodology that addresses the type of treatment, pollution abatement volumes, and recovery analysis.
Stormwater management for the southeast portion of the Main Site is to be provided in one (1) proposed dry retention pre-treatment swale and one (1) proposed wet detention ponds. Portions of the site, which include equestrian uses, will receive dry retention pre-treatment before discharging into the wet detention pond. Calculations are provided in Appendix B and C. A drawdown recovery analysis for Swale S is provided in Appendix H.”

Emphasis added.
It is in the Engineering Report, but I’m not sure it actually shows the interior plan.

https://apps.sfwmd.gov/entsb/docdownload?object_id=0900eeea8ad741ea

Page 148 shows the interior stables.

Ya know, I searched the documents using "stable" and "horse"... never "equestri*". Good catch, @lazyboy97o!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I assume this is the old stables? What is the building just above the stables?

1547651519992.png

Missing20K

That’s the one I don’t think actually shows the interior. It doesn’t make sense to only show the stall partitions and no other exterior or interior walls, doors or rooms. Those lines also extend beyond the building footprint.
Sloppy Revit export or CAD import, perhaps? Extended lines could be roof overhang?

Don't tell anyone, but I've used some pretty bad floor plans for civil/site drawings. Shhhh. No one really looks that closely at the building other than the footprint and slab elevation on a 1:50 or 1:100 drawing. Well, except Disney construction fans. :cool:

lazyboy97o

Sloppy Revit export or CAD import, perhaps? Extended lines could be roof overhang?

Don't tell anyone, but I've used some pretty bad floor plans for civil/site drawings. Shhhh. No one really looks that closely at the building other than the footprint and slab elevation on a 1:50 or 1:100 drawing. Well, except Disney construction fans. :cool:
That would be one odd export to get part of the roof.

And yes, you should feel great shame. For penance do 10 clash detections and say a Hail Mary. May God have mercy on your soul.

Missing20K

That would be one odd export to get part of the roof.

And yes, you should feel great shame. For penance do 10 clash detections and say a Hail Mary. May God have mercy on your soul.
Yeah, could have been an odd View Range or something. Or really poor layer management in CAD.

In a former life, I did one too many Navisworks GoToMeetings and ended up in an institution. Never again. Now everything I design has zero clashes from the start. I'm just that good. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom