News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

jt04

I would not get your hopes up that this is a gondola station. There are five vehicle parking spaces at the end of the that building which really doesn't make sense if there were gondola existing there.

I agree it is unlikely. If it were gondola it would likely be a through station pointing towards the resorts to the east and west. Maybe somebody will draw a line in each direction like was done before.

If I was forced to guess I think the drawing is a laundry for the resort.

Missing20K

I vote stables. Stables down each side of the lower portion of the building. Opening to a larger pen up top, and to the right, an indoor exercise track.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree it is unlikely. If it were gondola it would likely be a through station pointing towards the resorts to the east and west. Maybe somebody will draw a line in each direction like was done before.

If I was forced to guess I think the drawing is a laundry for the resort.

If it were a gondola station it would only be single ended since there is a door and walking path coming out of the other end. I am assuming some sort of support building.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I don't see any access points (or apparent access points) for stables and the horses to exercise.
There appear to be doors on both sides of a hallway inbetween the rectangular building and the oddly configured space.

Wonder if it is a restaurant separate from the main Reflections building kinda like Narcoossees, or a check-in location (though I doubt it would be separate from Reflections.) It does not appear that a restaurant in this area would have any view. Maybe Hoop-De-Do or Mickey's Backyard BBQ replacement?

Missing20K

I don't see any access points (or apparent access points) for stables and the horses to exercise.
There appear to be doors on both sides of a hallway inbetween the rectangular building and the oddly configured space.

Wonder if it is a restaurant separate from the main Reflections building kinda like Narcoossees, or a check-in location (though I doubt it would be separate from Reflections.) It does not appear that a restaurant in this area would have any view. Maybe Hoop-De-Do or Mickey's Backyard BBQ replacement?
Why would a restaurant need bollards at all entrances? Also there appears to be a fenced enclosure with gates around the entire building.

Missing20K

stables.png

Pink is what I think is the fence. Farthest upper green oval is the gate for horses, the lower two green ovals are gates for vehicular traffic.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Why would a restaurant need bollards at all entrances? Also there appears to be a fenced enclosure with gates around the entire building.
Most restaurants and other buildings have them at entrances (so of course it could be anything.) The bollards are at the locations where cars might come in contact with the building or people (one at the top near the parking lot egress point and the set of two groups at the west south west side of the building, which is an odd configuration making it look like the existing gondolas. I DON"T THINK IT This is a gondola but it would be cool if it is).
I am not seeing a fence. Can you describe it or highlight it for me? EDIT: You did while I was typing this :)

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
View attachment 341228

Pink is what I think is the fence. Farthest upper green oval is the gate for horses, the lower two green ovals are gates for vehicular traffic.
Well, the upper green oval does show doors or a gate which suggests this is a fence. (I missed that before, thanks for pointing it out.) I don't think they would take the horses out via a concrete path. The second upper oval could be a mechanical sliding gate. For the third oval, I am not really sure why they would have it at that angle and location.
Since the parking lot is light duty asphalt, there would not be a lot of heavy trucks coming for deliveries. Unless there is a concern about horses escaping and they double fence them in an asphalted area, I am leaning much less from a stable and much more towards a service building not for the public.

Missing20K

Most restaurants and other buildings have them at entrances (so of course it could be anything.) The bollards are at the locations where cars might come in contact with the building or people (one at the top near the parking lot egress point and the set of two groups at the west south west side of the building, which is an odd configuration making it look like the existing gondolas. I DON"T THINK IT This is a gondola but it would be cool if it is).
I am not seeing a fence. Can you describe it or highlight it for me? EDIT: You did while I was typing this :)
Well, the upper green oval does show doors or a gate which suggests this is a fence. (I missed that before, thanks for pointing it out.) I don't think they would take the horses out via a concrete path. The second upper oval could be a mechanical sliding gate. For the third oval, I am not really sure why they would have it at that angle and location.
Since the parking lot is light duty asphalt, there would not be a lot of heavy trucks coming for deliveries. Unless there is a concern about horses escaping and they double fence them in an asphalted area, I am leaning much less from a stable and much more towards a service building not for the public.
Bollards are usually only at locations where they are concerned about a careless driver hitting the building. Restaurants would generally only have them at a loading dock. (EDIT: Or drive-thru;))This drawing shows multiple bollards at more than just a loading dock. My guess is because sometimes they will need to load a single horse, using the entry at the upper left side, where the single bollard is, and other times they may need to load/unload multiple horses from a large carrier, which would be done at the portion of the building to the lower left, with the large parking lot.

The location of each gate could have myriad reasoning, but I'm betting the lower gate needed more room to enter and exit the roadway as it's two-way, whereas the upper gate would only needed to be opened when leaving, so no need for a security device outside the gate, as the lower gate would probably need.

If a horse were to escape my guess is they would rather it escape to an asphalt parking lot than to a Guest accessible area.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I wonder if this could be an exercise area? It closed in, probably by a fence and has a couple gates to access it.

1547603593467.png

lazyboy97o

“2. WATER QUALITY ANALYSIS
A. Stormwater Treatment Description
Provide a description of the proposed stormwater treatment methodology that addresses the type of treatment, pollution abatement volumes, and recovery analysis.
Stormwater management for the southeast portion of the Main Site is to be provided in one (1) proposed dry retention pre-treatment swale and one (1) proposed wet detention ponds. Portions of the site, which include equestrian uses, will receive dry retention pre-treatment before discharging into the wet detention pond. Calculations are provided in Appendix B and C. A drawdown recovery analysis for Swale S is provided in Appendix H.”

Emphasis added.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
“2. WATER QUALITY ANALYSIS
A. Stormwater Treatment Description
Provide a description of the proposed stormwater treatment methodology that addresses the type of treatment, pollution abatement volumes, and recovery analysis.
Stormwater management for the southeast portion of the Main Site is to be provided in one (1) proposed dry retention pre-treatment swale and one (1) proposed wet detention ponds. Portions of the site, which include equestrian uses, will receive dry retention pre-treatment before discharging into the wet detention pond. Calculations are provided in Appendix B and C. A drawdown recovery analysis for Swale S is provided in Appendix H.”

Emphasis added.

Nice find! I scanned through that document but missed that one. This all points to this being new stables. I assume there are existing stables that need to be relocated? This would explain why this is phase 1.

peter11435

Nice find! I scanned through that document but missed that one. This all points to this being new stables. I assume there are existing stables that need to be relocated? This would explain why this is phase 1.
The existing stables are just a bit north of this development in a similarly sized and shaped building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom