News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

deWild

That, at least, is a good sign. Seems likely it will be Wilderness/West-type theme, but will they be able to resist going with another 12-15 story, generic mid-rise tower like the Riviera, Coronado, Swan Medical Center, Four Seasons, etc...

I really don’t think they’d build a structure of that size in this area since it would stick out like a sore thumb from the Lodge and especially the Campground. I know that hasn’t stopped management before, but if they’re going to keep the theme consistent with the outdoors then they would do well to stay far away from a tower.

Besides, can anyone think of a structure during the Wild West era that would correlate to a giant tower? If anything I can see them creating a sprawled out “Ghost Town” resort.

Epcot82Guy

I really don’t think they’d build a structure of that size in this area since it would stick out like a sore thumb from the Lodge and especially the Campground. I know that hasn’t stopped management before, but if they’re going to keep the theme consistent with the outdoors then they would do well to stay far away from a tower.

Besides, can anyone think of a structure during the Wild West era that would correlate to a giant tower? If anything I can see them creating a sprawled out “Ghost Town” resort.

NOT suggesting this is good... but a large mission-style building could be techincally from that era. And, I could easily see the desire to build a generic building with lighter "fort" themeing. (Think Uni Royal Pacific but west vs. Asian/Island.)

deWild

NOT suggesting this is good... but a large mission-style building could be techincally from that era. And, I could easily see the desire to build a generic building with lighter "fort" themeing. (Think Uni Royal Pacific but west vs. Asian/Island.)

If I’m thinking of the same thing, Spanish missionary style buildings were known to be only 2-3 stories tall. A large tower wouldn’t fit that time period unless they went with your second option, which I actually wouldn’t mind. Anyone ever seen Bonnet Creek? The place is beautiful, albeit I wish it were slightly smaller.

matt9112

If I’m thinking of the same thing, Spanish missionary style buildings were known to be only 2-3 stories tall. A large tower wouldn’t fit that time period unless they went with your second option, which I actually wouldn’t mind. Anyone ever seen Bonnet Creek? The place is beautiful, albeit I wish it were slightly smaller.

to be fair disney doesn't give a s*** how tall spanish buildings may or may not have been...not to be rude just point blank they will use liberty's deemed acceptable for profit generation. now im not saying they wont use two or three story buildings im just saying that historical references for Spanish architecture reguarding height are likely not a factor.

Kamikaze

Sounds like you just have an issue with anything being large.

It doesn't make financial sense to build things small when they can build them large and fill them.

note2001

I know there's panic over the show possibly closing but couldn't there be a new place planned? I have a hard time seeing them dumping it altogether, but they sometimes do a lot I don't think they would. Maybe they recognized they need a new building/facility and worked it into the DVC plans? I have no idea, just a thought. The timing clearly seems to coincide.
I have heard from servers at Trails End that the kitchen in back that serves both Hoop de Doo Review and Trails end is woefully inadequate for the need. Is there any good time to rework a successful show building/kitchen? Not really, but makes sense that they'd expand it soon since the attendance at WDW will be increasing with the 50th anniversary of the MK coming along.

Rteetz

I know there's panic over the show possibly closing but couldn't there be a new place planned? I have a hard time seeing them dumping it altogether, but they sometimes do a lot I don't think they would. Maybe they recognized they need a new building/facility and worked it into the DVC plans? I have no idea, just a thought. The timing clearly seems to coincide.
I don't buy this rumor yet. It also doesn't say if its permanent or temporary. I certainly haven't heard anything myself. If this is for the possible new hotel then wouldn't other things in that area need to close?

jbolen2

I don't buy this rumor yet. It also doesn't say if its permanent or temporary. I certainly haven't heard anything myself. If this is for the possible new hotel then wouldn't other things in that area need to close?

I’m with you, if they are closing the show for the new hotel then how does trails end stay open? The campground without any eating places doesn’t sound like a money maker for Disney.

jbolen2

That’s interesting to know they have went that route. There was a food truck between the boat dock and pioneer hall last time we were there.

note2001

Campers, for the most part, are very independent of the restaurants around them. I'm not talking about the units, but rather, the lifestyle. KOAs, national parks and other campgrounds don't usually provide much in the way of places to eat. Most of the time you're lucky if there's a Dairy Queen within 5 miles of your campsite. (Unless you're in Myrtle beach which tends to have the same restaurants, T-shirt shops and mini golf spots repeated every 3 blocks for the entire length of the strand).

I don't think removing Trails End or HDDR will make that much of an impact on the fort when they eventually work on it.

jbolen2

Campers, for the most part, are very independent of the restaurants around them. I'm not talking about the units, but rather, the lifestyle. KOAs, national parks and other campgrounds don't usually provide much in the way of places to eat. Most of the time you're lucky if there's a Dairy Queen within 5 miles of your campsite. (Unless you're in Myrtle beach which tends to have the same restaurants, T-shirt shops and mini golf spots repeated every 3 blocks for the entire length of the strand).

I don't think removing Trails End or HDDR will make that much of an impact on the fort when they eventually work on it.

We are long time campers, we usually visit the hddr 1 time each visit and trails end 1-2 times. If they had a quick service set up more like the other hotels I know we would use it 2-3 times a trip instead of boating over to the contempo cafe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom