Reedy Creek Improvement District long-term land use meeting 2023

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I’ve been told that RCID’s Wednesday land use amendment request also increased the maximum number of hotel rooms allowed by 40%, from 28,267 to 39,232, over the next decade.

That’s roughly 11 POFQs, I think.

Which is a couple hundred less then max set out in the 2020 plan, so again it looks like they are just keeping the old plan as-is.

Goofyernmost

Question: Does the new long term plan make any mention of the couple thousand acres they bought in the last decade that are adjacent to the existing RCID?
From what I understand, most of that extra land was purchased to make up for the wetlands that became dry so they could build Star Wars, and a couple other resort hotels. If they use wetlands they have to make up for it in other locations on property. Once they buy the extra land, it is then on property.

celluloid

Nothing stopping them from building that today west of the Mississippi - - but they haven't.....

They could not even do the land right for their Studio Park in Paris that desperately needed it. People would have dreamed and strived to visit Paris for one great Marvel Land.

They just cloned the worst Spiderman Dark Ride Spidey has ever had(including the weird Canadian one) and rethemed RnR to Iron man and Captain Marvel fighting some baddies in the dark.

JoeCamel

They could not even do the land right for their Studio Park in Paris that desperately needed it. People would have dreamed and strived to visit Paris for one great Marvel Land.

They just cloned the worst Spiderman Dark Ride Spidey has ever had(including the weird Canadian one) and rethemed RnR to Iron man and Captain Marvel fighting some baddies in the dark.
Yep, puzzling what they have not done with their largest properties. Like buying collectibles and putting them in storage

celluloid

Yep, puzzling what they have not done with their largest properties. Like buying collectibles and putting them in storage

The fact that the Executive Leadership treated Theme Parks like the sucker entertainment aiming low is really evident in those cases. We are lucky we even got something as good as the Guardians Attractions out of the deal.

Too little too late likely for anything else.

Jrb1979

The fact that the Executive Leadership treated Theme Parks like the sucker entertainment aiming low is really evident in those cases. We are lucky we even got something as good as the Guardians Attractions out of the deal.

It all goes back to the Executive Leadership doesn't understand theme parks and thinks they are for Carnies.

JoeCamel

It was Bob believing they could buy their way to growth and prosperity rather than invest in the mature parks business. Imagine if they dumped 3 - 4 billion a year into building fantastic new rides with the new properties but that was never the goal. Bobbie could not see how spending big bucks in the parks would come back to the investors and went all in on the big score of tentpoles. (It worked to the tune of $191 a share!) That view is changing as they realize the parks are the money machine allowing investment but way too late to control the demand they built. Between the thousands of rooms built and the off site development the parks will never be the carefree, enjoyable experience it once was. They built the demand without building the capacity and it damages the brand to the point the infrastructure they have needs constant multi billion dollar investment year after year with level returns possible.
Let me be clear that TWDC will not fail or go away but the parks will never be what they were before Bobbie. He killed them but the body is still squirming.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Their Philosophy on park additions has been all wrong on so many levels…

But I believe I’ve said my opinion 1000,000,0000,00000 on this at this point? 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was Bob believing they could buy their way to growth and prosperity rather than invest in the mature parks business. Imagine if they dumped 3 - 4 billion a year into building fantastic new rides with the new properties but that was never the goal. Bobbie could not see how spending big bucks in the parks would come back to the investors and went all in on the big score of tentpoles. (It worked to the tune of $191 a share!) That view is changing as they realize the parks are the money machine allowing investment but way too late to control the demand they built. Between the thousands of rooms built and the off site development the parks will never be the carefree, enjoyable experience it once was. They built the demand without building the capacity and it damages the brand to the point the infrastructure they have needs constant multi billion dollar investment year after year with level returns possible.
Let me be clear that TWDC will not fail or go away but the parks will never be what they were before Bobbie. He killed them but the body is still squirming.
That $h!t was never worth anywhere close to $191…

It’s not that kinda stock. I believe foretold of that one too…

…can’t believe I have to watch the bengals 🙄

celluloid

Which is wild because day one Iger came into the scene when asked about theme park expansions of a new park he said the focus would be on adding attractions to the four WDW parks that already existed. He did not even do that very well. Many things went stagnant. Riding the laurels.

JoeCamel

Which is wild because day one Iger came into the scene when asked about theme park expansions of a new park he said the focus would be on adding attractions to the four WDW parks that already existed. He did not even do that very well to the level people were used to.
It took Bobbie about 5 years before he solidified his opinions

JoeCamel

All the plusses and things with the word pass in it blinded him to spend billions into things that have never really paid off.
He didn't spend wantonly just in the wrong place imo but they don't pay me millions to run the company so what do I know. There is a very parks-centric view of the company here so it gets warped what he did or didn't do for the company

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom