Reedy Creek Improvement District long-term land use meeting 2023

Goofyernmost

DHS is right up bordering a highway.

DL's problem is other people owning and building on the land on the other side of the highway, which isn't a problem for WDW.
What highway? World Drive? World drive is part of WDW. It's not being close to a highway, it's what highway it is close too.

Tha Realest

Not sure if Disney would ever get rid of it, but it is an appealing piece of land for a new park, especially since most of the land around it is also suitable for construction. If they wanted to re-locate it, most of the fields could easily be build on land that is only marginally suitable for construction.

View attachment 691507
How much does WDW make from these facilities, by virtue of contracts with the sports leagues, concessions sold, hotel and ticket packages, etc

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Not sure if Disney would ever get rid of it, but it is an appealing piece of land for a new park, especially since most of the land around it is also suitable for construction. If they wanted to re-locate it, most of the fields could easily be build on land that is only marginally suitable for construction.

View attachment 691507
what the heck is just to the north of WWOS?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

View attachment 691507
That makes a lot of easy cash. Do some research on “sports tourism”…what a racket

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I’ve been told that RCID’s Wednesday land use amendment request also increased the maximum number of hotel rooms allowed by 40%, from 28,267 to 39,232, over the next decade.

That’s roughly 11 POFQs, I think.

7 All Stars.

Get ready for All Star Karaoke, All Star Karate, All Star Accordion, All Star Tattoos, All Star Hell's Kitchen, etc..

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’ve been told that RCID’s Wednesday land use amendment request also increased the maximum number of hotel rooms allowed by 40%, from 28,267 to 39,232, over the next decade.

That‘s a lot more rooms. I assume that also covers DVC rooms. Would that also potentially cover non-Disney branded hotels on the edges of the property? Disney will not very likely build anywhere near that many hotel rooms but if we add in DVC and non-Disney hotels it’s more possible. Still seems like a lot.

Jrb1979

I hope they build enough attractions for that many more guests. Personally I don't think they need more rooms. They have issues filling some of them now.

co10064

Premium Member
I hope they build enough attractions for that many more guests. Personally I don't think they need more rooms. They have issues filling some of them now.
I certainly agree with you, but in reality, they could just lower costs to fill these rooms more easily. Then again, this is Disney... 😂

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
That‘s a lot more rooms. I assume that also covers DVC rooms. Would that also potentially cover non-Disney branded hotels on the edges of the property? Disney will not very likely build anywhere near that many hotel rooms but if we add in DVC and non-Disney hotels it’s more possible. Still seems like a lot.

I think it'd be anything within the district, yeah.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree. I guess since this is just a land use document that establishes a “maximum allowed” it’s not necessarily an indication of a firm plan to actually build that many rooms any time soon. They did ask to expand the number of major and minor parks too.

My thinking is that this is being done now by Disney to establish room for expansion in case a state run district is unwilling to allow expansion in the future. It’s kinda crazy to think the state of FL would deliberately impede the growth of its largest employer and a major player in the state‘s top industry, but that’s where we are at. Crazy town 🤡

lazyboy97o

I agree. I guess since this is just a land use document that establishes a “maximum allowed” it’s not necessarily an indication of a firm plan to actually build that many rooms any time soon. They did ask to expand the number of major and minor parks too.

My thinking is that this is being done now by Disney to establish room for expansion in case a state run district is unwilling to allow expansion in the future. It’s kinda crazy to think the state of FL would deliberately impede the growth of its largest employer and a major player in the state‘s top industry, but that’s where we are at. Crazy town 🤡
These planning regulations are very, very, very easy to change. This does absolutely nothing to prevent a new state-controlled district from coming in and reducing the number of rooms.

Indy_UK

When (and not if) Disney gets the Theme park rights back for Marvel i can really see a mini Marvel theme park. Much more than a Campus Clone and half the size of Hollywood studios?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
These planning regulations are very, very, very easy to change. This does absolutely nothing to prevent a new state-controlled district from coming in and reducing the number of rooms.
True, but it’s still easier to not approve a new request than it is to reverse something previously approved. The optics of a state run district coming in and reversing the previously approved plan would be different. Not saying it won’t happen or the powers pulling the strings even care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom