News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

JAB

View attachment 773398

Courage! Fire! Honor!

That's what those who rescue bring to the table!

Perhaps the FIRE and RESCUE could have been red lettering on gold background to cue one that they should be read together.
Maybe it means the legislature should "rescue" the district by having the "courage" to do the "honor"able thing and "fire" the CFTOD board. 😏

lazyboy97o

Totally missed this one. Up until recently SFWMD permits were filed by RCID. I assumed they would switch to CFTOD so I have also been searching that. This permit was filed directly by Disney so I didn't find it in my searches.
From the Disney’s Animal Kingdom thread about Dinoland.

This is something to watch going forward. Reedy Creek Improvement District predates the municipalities because it started as the Reedy Creek Drainage District. Water management is something the District took very seriously and was one of those areas where they were quite demanding.

Isamar

After months of back and forth to get deposition dates for the Board members, they were finally scheduled for late March and early April, starting with Garcia on March 22. Disney filed notice of the dates on March 1.
Yesterday, March 19, after 5 pm, CFTOD filed motions seeking protective orders to prevent Disney from deposing them. (There are 2 motions: 1 in the lawsuit filed by CFTOD and 1 in the Public Records case filed by Disney.)

Stripes

Premium Member
After months of back and forth to get deposition dates for the Board members, they were finally scheduled for late March and early April, starting with Garcia on March 22. Disney filed notice of the dates on March 1.
Yesterday, March 19, after 5 pm, CFTOD filed motions seeking protective orders to prevent Disney from deposing them. (There are 2 motions: 1 in the lawsuit filed by CFTOD and 1 in the Public Records case filed by Disney.)
Garcia was scheduled to be deposed in two days.

Stripes

Premium Member
The logic here is mangled and pathetic. (From the affidavits in order to support their motion rooted in the apex doctrine.)

IMG_0769.jpeg

Isamar

The logic here is mangled and pathetic. (From the affidavits in order to support their motion rooted in the apex doctrine.)

View attachment 773966

I really liked how the affidavits say they have no unique and personal knowledge about the district’s responses to public records requests because (they essentially assert) they each did their best to personally identify and disclose the records from their personal devices.

Isamar

JoeCamel

JAB

Can someone with more legal expertise please explain how they have any legal grounds to refuse a deposition? Seems to this layperson like they're just trying the "nuh uh" tactic with no legitimate basis simply because if they had to answer questions under oath, it would be not so great for them. Reminds me a bit of "Liar Liar" - "I object!"; "Why's that?"; "Because it's devastating to my case."

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Can someone with more legal expertise please explain how they have any legal grounds to refuse a deposition? Seems to this layperson like they're just trying the "nuh uh" tactic with no legitimate basis simply because if they had to answer questions under oath, it would be not so great for them. Reminds me a bit of "Liar Liar" - "I object!"; "Why's that?"; "Because it's devastating to my case."

One can attempt to quash a deposition IF the reasons for said motion meet law. You just can't say no...a motion has to be filed and a hearing set on that motion. Until that happens, most depositions will be stayed.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Also filed yesterday in the state court lawsuit brought by CFTOD:

View attachment 774035
I assume he'll be filing a motion to avoid deposition soon.

What, the out of state lawyer hired to represent the district? There wasn't a single lawyer in the State of Florida unable to provide legal services to the District in this matter? No retired judges, law professors, etc? What's John Morgan or Dan Newlin doing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom