News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Right. There are a lot of people who love this country but also want to change some things to make it even better!
I'm pretty agnostic on my relationship with the US. Don't love it, don't hate it. Just sort of exist in it and try to not make things worse.

At least it's a convenient country, and there are things I absolutely love about it. And politics aside, I do like most of the people I've met.

MrPromey

Every single thing he has stated about this has been a total lie, not just stretching the truth.
I fully agree. That post got garbled because I was typing it on mobile and the page reloaded so i didn't get to finish my original thought.

Where I was going was, had he been elected by the majority of Florida voters, saying this was the will of the people of Florida would be a stretch since there was nothing about what he's now doing on the ballots but considering how few actually did vote for him, it's a complete and outright lie.

WDWHero

Russia won't touch Finland, especially now that they're in NATO and that the Nordic countries have begun operating their air forces as a combined fleet.
There's a new show on AppleTV+ with Eugene Levy "Reluctant Traveler" and the first episode he goes to Finland, it was very cool. I'd love to visit the place he stayed.

Disstevefan1

I am calling out myself - LETS GET BACK TO BASHING DESANTIS - Please go easy on the locals.
WarnDerail.jpg

el_super

I’m not arguing blue/red is better/worse, just saying moving somewhere for greener pastures is not a realistic solution because things change. FL was a very business friendly state, still is if you aren’t on the Governors bad side, but nothings guaranteed.

A little deeper... even if Disney can pay for and install a friendly government, if the people turn on them, things will always be complicated. That's the situation they are facing in Florida where, everyday this stays in the news, the government is trying to turn the people against them.

After DeSantis goes away, will the people of Florida forget what he said?

MagicHappens1971

A little deeper... even if Disney can pay for and install a friendly government, if the people turn on them, things will always be complicated. That's the situation they are facing in Florida where, everyday this stays in the news, the government is trying to turn the people against them.

Almost no one in Florida cares about this Disney VS DeSantis battle. All people care about is that it’s a waste of money and time, oh and that they don’t have home insurance and the FL government hasn’t done anything to help.

BrianLo

This was a rough guess:
View attachment 714387

With the important caveat for anyone looking at this without context that Iger specified 17 billion on just WDW and Len's number here would include DLR and critically Cruise ships (Disney Fantasy and Wish).

Which when you strip it all out means he intends to spend about the same amount on WDW after inflation as they did the previous decade. I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly where the random number was generated from.

Lilofan

That's not hard. Every time he opens his mouth, he does the job for us.
Seems like DeSantis trying to make friends like in ( overseas ) like a recent UK, Israel , South Korea , Japan trip and sticking the travel bill to the taxpayers. May be a challenge making friends stateside.

WDWHero

Almost no one in Florida cares about this Disney VS DeSantis battle. All people care about is that it’s a waste of money and time, oh and that they don’t have home insurance and the FL government hasn’t done anything to help.
Hey now, they made it harder to sue insurance companies!

Dranth

No statistically significant number of people are going to turn on Disney long term for anything Ron says. Disney making bad movies, terrible rides and jacking prices will do far more than anything the governor can pull off.

MagicHappens1971

No statistically significant number of people are going to turn on Disney long term for anything Ron says. Disney making bad movies, terrible rides and jacking prices will do far more than anything the governor can pull off.
While I agree some of Disneys recent films have been lackluster, what “terrible” rides are being/ have been made?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom