News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
They developed that area. It's called Horizons West/Hamlin, and it's west of WDW right up until the lake county line, and north until SR50ish.

It's all either City of Winter Garden or unincorporated Orange County. To get to I4 from that area, the quickest toll-free way is through Disney property

As I keep saying, my townhouse is 200 yards from the western border of Reedy Creek on Hertzog. My weather notices come from Reedy Creek.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
429 doesn't go to the airport. That'd be 429 to Turnpike to 528 or 429 to I4 to 528. Which involves I4 or turnpike traffic through a major tourist area.

But cut through Disney property, and you get take Western Way to Buena Vista drive to Epcot Center Way/536 to the 417, which is more roads, but is a more direct route and surprisingly a more relaxed drive.

Disstevefan1

Universal has the same customer base as Disney. They have a higher level of locals, but they don’t pay the bills visiting on an AP. The tourists they depend on are the same tourists visiting WDW. Any drop in tourism hurts them just as much. It’s a silly fanboy argument that people only choose between Universal and Disney so bad for Disney means good for Universal. The reality is bad for Disney means bad for every other business in FL.
I can't speak for the fanboys, personally, I am a fan of WDW, Universal and Seaworld and want none to fail; I want all of them work to be better; and it's the tourist who wins.

My commentary was really that Universal is able to focus on guest experience better while TWDC need to focus elsewhere.

MagicHappens1971

I can't speak for the fanboys, personally, I am a fan of WDW, Universal and Seaworld and want none to fail; I want all of them work to be better; and it's the tourist who wins.

My commentary was really that Universal is able to focus on guest experience better while TWDC need to focus elsewhere.
The people who work on guest experience (operations managers) are not impacted by this lawsuit. Unless they all became lawyers overnight?

WDWHero

Universal has the same customer base as Disney. They have a higher level of locals, but they don’t pay the bills visiting on an AP. The tourists they depend on are the same tourists visiting WDW. Any drop in tourism hurts them just as much. It’s a silly fanboy argument that people only choose between Universal and Disney so bad for Disney means good for Universal. The reality is bad for Disney means bad for every other business in FL.
I love Universal, I just only have time for one AP with kids in school 😭

Dan Deesnee

This whole situation is out of hand and there are no winners here. I hate when corporations take a political stance (in general) but my word Ronnie, you've made your point now just let it go.

I don't see how Disney will lose that lawsuit after reading some of the excellent info people posted here about Corporations and free speech.

WDWHero

This is a classic he who smelled it dealt it defense 😂😂😂😂

Does he really think people are that dumb? He said he didn’t know the district was filing the lawsuit today. Ok….yeah sure.
Aside from telegraphing everything they were gonna be doing beforehand, I seem to remember his "fireworks" quote from a few weeks ago. So yeah, he obviously knew what was gonna happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom