News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GoofGoof

Premium Member
however, 5.7 million points times 0.88 is $5,016,000
DVC owners pay about 25% of the taxes to RCID in total. The 2023 budget for RCID is around $180M in real estate tax revenues so roughly $45M paid by DVC owners. So if the district raised taxes 10% an additional $4.5M from all DVC owners collectively. While the total dollar amounts are large there are over 50M DVC points spread amongst several hundred thousand owners so the direct impact of real estate taxes to most individual owners is not huge.

GrumpyFan

None of these lawsuits is About money (for Disney)

They just want the laws struck down, not even give a glance as they leave the courtroom, waive off the press and get back
I’m not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. WDW is a major source of revenue for the Disney company and anything that would inhibit their operations of the property in a manner different to how they have for the last 50 years could cause a major impact financially. They want the laws struck down so they can continue to build and operate their business in a manner that’s best suited to their needs.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. WDW is a major source of revenue for the Disney company and anything that would inhibit their operations of the property in a manner different to how they have for the last 50 years could cause a major impact financially. They want the laws struck down so they can continue to build and operate their business in a manner that’s best suited to their needs.
I just said what it was about…a restoration of home rule…

It’s not about fighting Florida for nickels every step of the way. They aren’t gonna do that. They would shut the place down before that

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Speaking of owners, I'm glad I'm not a DVC participant as the potential for tax increases on their fractional ownership (as part of the yearly maintenance fees) is quite high as what money is spent on at what rate with the new board is a given.
Dvc taxes are nothing. It’s one of the red herrings of dvc “discussion”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There’s no monetary payout if they win the lawsuit. It’s always been about keeping full control.
Correct.

People have not done their homework and keep making references to “damages”…like a two bit personal injury lawyer.

And then “maybe Disney can get it’s legal fees?”

Why? How budget would look even if they could do it.

This is fundamentally about showing that the district has always operated exactly as intended and Florida gets at least as much out of it.

It’s not the people’s court

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Correct.

People have not done their homework and keep making references to “damages”…like a two bit personal injury lawyer.

And then “maybe Disney can get it’s legal fees?”

Why? How budget would look even if they could do it.

This is fundamentally about showing that the district has always operated exactly as intended and Florida gets at least as much out of it.

It’s not the people’s court
They are asking for the legal fees in the Federal lawsuit. That is allowed.

MrPromey

Joe Rohde just tossed up an... interesting article on Twitter. (as in, go there if you want to read it)

It delves a little farther into politics as a whole beyond just Disney to be appropriate for this thread but if anyone's curious about his take on things with his former employer and Florida, I think he just made it crystal clear.

GrumpyFan

Joe Rohde just tossed up an... interesting article on Twitter. (as in, go there if you want to read it)

It delves a little farther into politics as a whole beyond just Disney to be appropriate for this thread but if anyone's curious about his take on things with his former employer and Florida, I think he just made it crystal clear.
Might be “clear” if I could actually find what he “tossed up”.

MrPromey

Might be “clear” if I could actually find what he “tossed up”.
I didn't realize finding his twitter feed was that tricky. 🤷‍♂️

Let me introduce you to my friend Google. ;)

I tried to be as clear as I could how out of respect for forum rules, I wasn't posting it directly due to the content of the article/opinion piece going way beyond the discussion of Disney.

Heppenheimer

I didn't realize finding his twitter feed was that tricky. 🤷‍♂️

Let me introduce you to my friend Google. ;)

I tried to be as clear as I could how out of respect for forum rules, I wasn't posting it directly due to the content of the article/opinion piece going way beyond the discussion of Disney.
Can you give the date(s) of these interesting tweets? The only thing I found browsing his feed in the last month that seemed on topic was a re-tweet of an article from MS-NBC, to which he added a one sentence comment.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member

Is is this link?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom