News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Because it keep being mentioned, Universal Orlando Resort North Campus is not in an independent special district. It’s run by the city, not an independent board. The city though does have a significant obligation to provide requested services and improvements within the scope of the district’s purpose.

Part of Universal sits in a special district, The Orlando Community Redevelopment Agency. CRAs are special districts under the Florida statutes. They are, however, created by and run by local governments.

Local governments can created special districts, as long as it's done under the provisions of Section 189.032(4) and complies with 190.005.

Edit: local governments can create INDEPENDENT special districts. Need to stop worrying about the weather, lol.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Part of Universal sits in a special district, The Orlando Community Redevelopment Agency. CRAs are special districts under the Florida statutes. They are, however, created by and run by local governments.

Local governments can created special districts, as long as it's done under the provisions of Section 189.032(4) and complies with 190.005.
All of Universal Orlando Resort North Campus is within the district. I didn’t say it’s not a special district, I said it’s not an independent district.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Speaking of that topic, so if Disney wins the lawsuit so keeps RCID, but the state eventually in the future decides to dissolve RCID again could the counties agree to just form a new special district to take its place? Bond issues aside I assume there would be some limitation on the scope of the district but could it be an alternative if needed?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Speaking of that topic, so if Disney wins the lawsuit so keeps RCID, but the state eventually in the future decides to dissolve RCID again could the counties agree to just form a new special district to take its place? Bond issues aside I assume there would be some limitation on the scope of the district but could it be an alternative if needed?

They could under 189.032(4) and make it an independent special district under 190.005 and 190.006 (section that prescribes how board members are selected).

LAKid53

Premium Member
For all the power and privilege some allege Disney has and is abusing, it still hasn't figured out how to control this...

Screenshot_20230429-170620.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They could under 189.032(4) and make it an independent special district under 190.005 and 190.006 (section that prescribes how board members are selected).
If that was done would that permanently exclude the state legislature from changing or dissolving the new district created or could they still intervene?

LAKid53

Premium Member
If that was done would that permanently exclude the state legislature from changing or dissolving the new district created or could they still intervene?

Cities are created through a special act of the Legislature and approved by the citizens by referendum.

So technically, the Legislature could revoke that act by another special act (sound familiar). How that would impact a special district is unknown. However creditors must be protected.

Same process with counties.

diminnie

Are you telling me they don’t teach the constitution in schools anymore? It’s not part of a high school or middle school American history class? My kids have certainly learned about the constitution in school, but maybe that’s not the case everywhere. That is a faiure of the education system. I also find it odd that you think Democrats oppose the constitution while Republicans embrace it. Is that a gun thing?
My son is 16, has definitely studied the Constitution of the United States. Massachusetts here.

Angel Ariel

Are you telling me they don’t teach the constitution in schools anymore? It’s not part of a high school or middle school American history class? My kids have certainly learned about the constitution in school, but maybe that’s not the case everywhere. That is a failure of the education system. I also find it odd that you think Democrats oppose the constitution while Republicans embrace it. Is that a gun thing?
My daughter is in elementary school and already had some age-appropriate curriculum addressing the constitution. Our state standards continue to cover it in later years as well.

If you have questions about your state’s standards, they’re typically available on the DOE website.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We’re almost 900 pages into a thread detailing the trampling of the 1st amendment by the governor, and it’s just one of the numerous incidents of him doing so. I think you’re mistaken on which party needs constitutional education.
I’m not picky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom