News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Could be two rounds of appeals - 3 judge panel (in which case the draw matters) and possibly en banc.
On appeal they would have to rule the original judge‘s decision was flawed. Not saying that is difficult but it’s a higher bar than arguing the original case. It will be interesting to see play out. It’s also possible….maybe sorta kinda possible….that if Disney wins the initial trial and if the Governor is a failed lame duck at that point that the legislature will come to the table and look to settle the dispute for good outside of court.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Could be two rounds of appeals - 3 judge panel (in which case the draw matters) and possibly en banc.

Except en banc reviews are very rarely granted. The three judge panel is what will matter.

I’ve said this many times and people scoffed at me for it, but I expected them to use the invalidation of the DA as the key to go after it all, including the changing of RCID - and that’s exactly what they did.

Wouldn’t be surprised if a summary judgement was issued based on the filing. It won’t happen, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Surprised this GIF hasn't been used yet

south park x GIF

fgmnt

Amazing how the company can handle itself when someone with an ounce of EQ and social presence is in charge, isn't it?*

Bob C had apparently never heard that old adage about "It's not what you say but..."

*Still not an Iger fan but he at least knows how to work the crowd and understands why it's important to do so.

If Slappy was still at the helm he probably would have sold the property to DeSantis by now.

sedati

I'm still hung up on the idea that if this gets to damages, the judge should take in to account not just what Disney may ask for, but the claims made by the other side who boasted about the 1/2 drop in market value (go woke, go broke).
I have no idea if there's precedent for "boastful damages" but I'd like to imagine there's some way to stretch a "Declaration Against Interest" where this could be factored in.

Vegas Disney Fan

From State Rep Anna Eskamani:

Reading the replies on that post is both encouraging and depressing. The vast majority were for Disney but her followers probably skew left so it’s not surprising they’d be anti DeSantis.

It’s a bit alarming how many of the anti Disney replies have completely bought the “not paying their share” lie though, nearly every antiD reply was parroting what DeSantis has said.

afterabme

Also two good profiles on some of the firms working on the case: https://news.bloomberglaw.com/busin...2689A38&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=lawdesk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom