News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not 100% sure how open Sunshine State law is about things being public. But could the quote below mean they could request all records of such discussions, because DeSantis admitted to them. Taken from the top of page 20.
View attachment 712765
As we just found out in Delaware last week…all communications can be recovered no matter how many times you empty the trash bin…

All communications will be produced in this. Any doubts it’s 100% damning?

MrPromey

I'm impressed with how Disney has handled the PR aspect of this over the past couple of weeks and how they were able to put forward what's in the suit in layman's terms
Amazing how the company can handle itself when someone with an ounce of EQ and social presence is in charge, isn't it?*

Bob C had apparently never heard that old adage about "It's not what you say but..."

*Still not an Iger fan but he at least knows how to work the crowd and understands why it's important to do so.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Amazing how the company can handle itself when someone with an ounce of EQ and social presence is in charge, isn't it?*

Bob C had apparently never heard that old adage about "It's not what you say but..."

*Still not an Iger fan but he at least knows how to work the crowd and why it's important to do so.
He’s experienced in legal proceedings from 40 years of experience in dealing with this sort of thing.

He is a fairly good delegator…as far as things of this nature. They have the right JDs on deck here…

Which means emperor Zenia is about to reveal herself

1682556518318.jpeg

lazyboy97o

Could the state potentially get an injunction against Disney to prevent new development while the matter is adjudicated? Undoing development would be difficult, so from the point of view that there are problems with the comprehensive plan it would be a harm that is difficult to remedy. But the Board has not actually identified a need that conflicts with the plan or agreements, so it seems it would be hard to argue a harm because you might not be able to do some unidentifiable alternative.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Could the state potentially get an injunction against Disney to prevent new development while the matter is adjudicated? Undoing development would be difficult, so from the point of view that there are problems with the comprehensive plan it would be a harm that is difficult to remedy. But the Board has not actually identified a need that conflicts with the plan or agreements, so it seems it would be hard to argue a harm because you might not be able to do some unidentifiable alternative.
Well good news there is Disney is doing Jack NOTHING in Florida as if stands…

“Nothing to see here”

Now if this was against Comcast? Look out

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Or the state's lawyers could accidentally turn over a complete snapshot of DeSantis's entire phone like in another recent high-profile case. 😏
It’s not like it’s recently come to light that he’s reviled by his staff…to the point where formers have gone to work on the campaign of a competitor who they KNOW won’t pay them.

tissandtully

Today’s Board of Supervisors meeting is a pretty damning bit of evidence against public need. Constituents presented concerns with the Board’s planned actions and they were summarily ignored because the public concerns didn’t align with the board and governor’s pre-existing desires.
I can’t believe the head of these big companies showed up and they were like “nah, we’re still gonna raise your taxes”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As someone posted earlier the Federal Judge in this case is a tough draw for DeSantis. He called FL a First Amendment upside down🙀🙀🙀

Walker said Florida had become a place where the First Amendment allowed, rather than prevented, the state to limit speech. Or as he put it, "in the popular television series Stranger Things, the 'upside down' describes a parallel dimension containing a distorted version of our world. Recently, Florida has seemed like a First Amendment upside down."

The appeals court will likely decide whether whatever he rules is going to stand, but it’s a bad first draw for the state.

I’m glad you quoted this…

Yes…this guy really gets the bigger issue…

You can’t say that “freedom” is you taking your opinion…without reasonable mandate…and use it to enact policy that tells everyone else what to do and what not to do.
And that’s what this is. It isn’t just Florida…but the frequency is rising.

That’s closer to absolutism than parliamentarianism…

Yes. By the way…he’s from winter garden originally and was born in 1967…
…so he’d have NO idea how Orlando grew around Orlando 🙄

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This pretty much guarantees Disney is going to win the first round!

As I've repeatedly posted on this thread, the judge you pull is everything.
The appeals court is pretty well balanced, actually may lean conservative now with some more recent Trump appointees. In this case I think it’s just this judge then the appeals court then the US Supreme Court. I think the ultimate fate could be in that appeals court as I don’t think the Supreme Court is likely to want to touch this one.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The appeals court is pretty well balanced, actually may lean conservative now with some more recent Trump appointees. In this case I think it’s just this judge then the appeals court then the US Supreme Court. I think the ultimate fate could be in that appeals court as I don’t think the Supreme Court is likely to want to touch this one.
Well Disney will not let it die. Which means the only way it doesn’t progress is if the government flips in Tallahassee before it gets to the end of the game?

mikejs78

Premium Member

Could be two rounds of appeals - 3 judge panel (in which case the draw matters) and possibly en banc.

Schmidt

Actually, this is the press he wants. This is what he wanted all along, which is why he kept poking the (Winnie the Pooh) bear.

DeSantis clearly intends to run right of Trump, so every time a liberal news outlet gives this oxygen, expect DeSantis to use this to campaign on, to raise funds.

Each time a Republican attacks him, DeSantis will say that Republican is beholden to big corporate donors.

Each time a judge rules against him (and it will happen a lot), he’ll claim he needs to be president so he can appoint conservative judges who “respect the Constitution”.

He needs this fight to keep his campaign alive, ‘cause otherwise the polls had him DOA.

DeSantis does not need to win this, only keep it alive until the Republican primary.

Ugh!
He may want this, but does he need this. Not if it doesn't go his way. This is already costing him corporate support, and $$$.

I'm not convinced that this type of news will be reflected positively in his polls. It has only hurt so far.
DeSantis's poll #'s have been taking a big hit lately as you mention. DeSantis doesn't have the popularity or charisma of Trump. Trump can take a big negative hit over, and over, over again and bounce back. Not many politicians can do that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
He may want this, but does he need this. Not if it doesn't go his way. This is already costing him corporate support, and $$$.

I'm not convinced that this type of news will be reflected positively in his polls. It has only hurt so far.
DeSantis's poll #'s have been taking a big hit lately as you mention. DeSantis doesn't have the popularity or charisma of Trump. Trump can take a big negative hit over, and over, over again and bounce back. Not many politicians can do that.
Yeah I agree with @ParentsOf4 that he definitely wanted this, but I also agree with you that it may not actually be very good for him at all. If he wins in court I guess he can campaign on it, but if he loses or the most likely scenario that the case is still pending come primary time then it won’t be a positive for him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom