News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

UNCgolf

…might be a different kinda scale/arena here?

It's really not. Not naming any names, but we represent/I've worked on cases for companies that are even larger than Disney. Those cases may not have had the same media attention (although a couple arguably did), though.

Anyways, it's kind of irrelevant. I don't actually think this (potential, I suppose, since nothing has been filed yet) case is going to be over in a few months.

JohnD

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's really not. Not naming any names, but we represent/I've worked on cases for companies that are even larger than Disney. Those cases may not have had the same media attention (although a couple arguably did), though.

Anyways, it's kind of irrelevant. I don't actually think this (potential, I suppose, since nothing has been filed yet) case is going to be over in a few months.
Any that almost single-handedly created modern tourism in the second biggest tourism revenue generating state in the country?

Patcheslee

Would this effect the WDW Railroad as well?

Skyliner?

Don’t they count as “fixed guideway transportation” system?
Screenshot_20230424_175538_Chrome.jpg

Stripes

Premium Member
It's a filed amendment to CS/CS/SB 1250 due to be heard in the Senate Fiscal Policy Committee tomorrow between 10am - 6pm EDT.

Committee Agenda: https://www.flsenate.gov/Committees/Show/FP/MeetingNotice/5864

"Strike All" amendment: https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/1250/Amendment/773030/PDF

Bill info: https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/1250

It’s funny how they try to make it seem like they aren’t trying to target Disney but the wording is specifically tailored toward Disney only.

EDIT: Would this warrant action by Disney? Since it’s now filed as an Amendment.
As currently written, it wouldn’t apply to anything in RCID.

IMG_0860.jpeg

RCID/CFTOD was created by a special act of the Florida legislature. Not a “local act.” This is the level of incompetence running the state of Florida.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Any that almost single-handedly created modern tourism in the second biggest tourism revenue generating state in the country?

Nah, but that's more of a media thing than something that matters to the court system. I've worked on a few cases that had as much (and probably more) money at stake for huge corporations, though -- those all lasted for years (as this one probably will).

Figgy1

View attachment 712276

RCID/CFTOD was created by a special act of the Florida legislature. Not a “local act.” This is the level of incompetence running the state of Florida. They can’t even craft legislation illegally targeting a specific company without making a huge mistake.
Soon to be reworded;)

JohnD

View attachment 712276

RCID/CFTOD was created by a special act of the Florida legislature. Not a “local act.” This is the level of incompetence running the state of Florida.
For now. All it takes is an amendment to the amendment when heard in committee tomorrow. Unless your interpretation is wrong.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nah, but that's more of a media thing than something that matters to the court system. I've worked on a few cases that had as much (and probably more) money at stake for huge corporations, though -- those all lasted for years (as this one probably will).
I thought your point was “quickly”?

…I probably misread you then

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom