News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Lilofan

Long time lurker here, but had to register to post because there isn’t much discussion elsewhere. As a Florida resident living right next to magic kingdom, this stuff is absolutely EXHAUSTING. We have a lot of real problems affecting people in this state, and this is how this clown decides to spend his time. Well, this and flying around the country on his “totally not running for president” book tour.
Welcome to the forum and I'm jealous you can view the nightly MK fireworks from your own backyard !

Brian

Has anyone seen any news reports with an updated comment from Disney? Honestly, the only legitimate concern I have is the potential lack of notice given to affected property owners. If that is true, that development agreement may not be worth the paper it’s printed on.

IMO, nothing else comes close to level of damage that mistake would do.
Not yet, but I wouldn't expect any potential statements from the Company to address the issue of notice specifically, especially since it was the District's obligation to send the notice, not Disney's.

Lilofan

Has anyone seen any news reports with an updated comment from Disney? Honestly, the only legitimate concern I have is the potential lack of notice given to affected property owners. If that is true, that development agreement may not be worth the paper it’s printed on.

IMO, nothing else comes close to level of damage that mistake would do.
Last I read some top PR execs were getting laid off from Iger advance warning to cast on company layoffs in April. Could be a delay in getting a company response.

mmascari

The current inspection law is based on number of employees, so just pick a number between Uni's employee numbers and Disney's
When the rule is "If you're bigger than X you don't have to do Y", it's easy to get out of Y by being bigger. Hard to restructure and look bigger.

When the rule is "If you're bigger than A you have to do B", it's not that hard restructure into logical distinct but separate legal entities and keep you size smaller than A.

If whatever B requires is seen by Disney as being onerous, I can imagine they'll restructure on paper so that each theme park is its own thing with less employees. Contractual relationships between entities to keep everything working. If it's really onerous and the number is small enough, you could even break EPCOT in two to get the number down.

Then, it's a race to change the law and keep moving the number smaller vs including other companies vs the desire of each to reorganize into smaller legal units. All at some cost of money that is just waste to change the legal paperwork.

Anyone who has ever worked for an organization with a holding company and working companies within is already familiar with this. People forget until they do stuff like apply for a mortgage and remember the name on their paycheck isn't who they say they work for. You'll end up with people who say they work for "Walt Disney World Park" but really they work for "EPCOT World Showcase LLC".

Stripes

Premium Member
Not yet, but I wouldn't expect any potential statements from the Company to address the issue of notice specifically, especially since it was the District's obligation to send the notice, not Disney's.
True, it was the districts responsibility. But Disney released a public statement that specifically mentioned that the agreement complied with sunshine laws requiring noticed, open forums. If the forum was not properly noticed as required by Florida law, then Disney’s public statement is a lie. I think Disney should respond.

Brian

True, it was the districts responsibility. But Disney released a public statement that specifically mentioned that the agreement complied with sunshine laws requiring noticed, open forums. If the forum was not properly noticed as required by Florida law, then Disney’s public statement is a lie. I think Disney should respond.
We'll have to wait and see if anyone can pony up the receipts. Generally, notices as crucial as these are sent via Certified Mail so there is court-accepted proof of mailing. Otherwise, a sworn statement from the person/people responsible for the mailing, affirming they mailed them, would likely be the next best thing.

Tha Realest

We'll have to wait and see if anyone can pony up the receipts. Generally, notices as crucial as these are sent via Certified Mail so there is court-accepted proof of mailing. Otherwise, a sworn affidavit from the person/people responsible for the mailing, affirming they mailed them, would likely be the next best thing.
Does an email to TWDC suffice a notice?

What about the company town “landowners” that were selected by TWDC to be owners as a condition of their fealty to the company? Did they get mailed copies of the agreement beforehand?

mikejs78

Premium Member

We'll have to wait and see if anyone can pony up the receipts. Generally, notices as crucial as these are sent via Certified Mail so there is court-accepted proof of mailing. Otherwise, a sworn affidavit from the person/people responsible for the mailing, affirming they mailed them, would likely be the next best thing.

As @lentesta pointed out above though, failure to mail to the landowners is specifically called out in FL law as not providing standing to nullify as long as the meetings were properly noticed.

Lilofan

You could bulldoze the solar field and replace it with housing. Isn't solar power woke too?

If that's too much, perhaps convert a parking garage into housing. Think of the short commute to Disney Springs! 😂
That solar power field is the biggest hidden Mickey that I can think of.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My guess is the number not going because of politics is very low. Probably a few on the extremes who feel they went too far/not far enough but that’s it. Probably true of the states also, probably a few extremes who won’t go to FL (or CA) because of the states politics but I suspect it’s a very small number.
No one forgoes going to Disney parks due to politics. They have data on that too. Some say they do…but they are lying.

I was initially very excited about a DeSantis run thinking he’d give us a more traditional Rep option than DT, sadly that excitement is gone. Two sides of the same (horrible) coin.
Miss read that one. Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you…

Patcheslee

Don't know if was posted or not, but what the heck, a second time never hurts.
The RCID BOS page has an updated agenda for the meeting on Wednesday. It was updated today prior to the press conference.

Link to the BOS package for April 19: https://www.rcid.org/document/4-19-23-bos-meeting-package/
No surprise, a lawyer that help write legislation is hired to help.
Screenshot_20230417_151611_Drive~2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom