News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

MrPromey

It really does now all seem to make sense. Disney must be slightly amazed that it took the new board this long to find this out, especially given it was all public.
I can just imagine Josh getting up in the morning with bedhead and in his boxers sitting down to his laptop with a cup of coffee and thumbing through news articles waiting to see the headlines, checking for emails, making a call to his other phone just to make sure the line is still working and nobody tried to contact him overnight.

... day, after day, after day.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I can just imagine Josh getting up in the morning with bedhead and in his boxers sitting down to his laptop with a cup of coffee and thumbing through news articles waiting to see the headlines, checking for emails, making a call to his other phone just to make sure the line is still working and nobody tried to contact him overnight.

... day, after day, after day.
LOL yes agreed. Only one correction, Josh does not have bedhead - he wakes up with the perfect hair each and every day ;)

LittleBuford

Al

Also, might the choice of "King of England" vs "King of Great Britain" have been a hedge against the possibility of Scottish independence? (The UK would be different after that, but England will always be England.)
The Kingdom of Great Britain, which resulted from the union of the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland in 1707, was superseded in 1801 by the United Kingdom, which incorporated the Kingdom of Ireland. Should Scotland leave the UK, the UK itself would remain intact (albeit reduced) as the United Kingdom of England (as opposed to Great Britain) and Northern Ireland. It would take the loss of Northern Ireland too for the UK to cease to exist. (It’s also worth noting that an independent Scotland may well opt to remain a monarchy sharing the same sovereign as England, as had been the arrangement between 1603 and 1707.)

However, I don’t think any of this is relevant to the wording of the agreement, which is surely nothing more than a mistake. And regardless of what may happen in the future, the agreement’s authors would have had no reason to refer to Charles by anything other than his current title.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm on a plane rn, then Starcruiser for a couple days. But I think I talked about it here, like "Why are they doing this, now?"
Yep you did. Safe travels!

and

GrumpyFan

Like, the thing where they granted approval to build more theme parks, water parks, and hotels. Why, if that was already part of the comprehensive plan, did they need to do that on some random winter Tuesday?
I'm guessing the previous version didn't have it as iron clad in how long the agreement was for. This new version sounds like it sealed it up as tight as the Marvel/Universal Agreement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom