News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

rezzyk

That's pretty much it. The DeSantis team COMPLETELY ignored the RCID board meetings during their victory lap.

And absolutely no one who was paying attention said anything about it, which is amazing. Not even a local news company reporting on it? Fantastic.
Edit: I do remember somewhere (maybe even this site) posting about the future state hotel/park "plans" for 10 years out that is on the page following the one with this information. And yet still nothing about the previous page :D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is there a link somewhere to the actual document referenced? They said it was public so should be out there somewhere.
Its linked in this article

lazyboy97o

Indeed. I take back much of my harsh criticism of Disney’s inaction from a few weeks ago (though I still would have preferred them to fight this out as a matter of principle).
I think they still very much deserve the criticism. Disney remains silent on the supposed instigating issue which the state is set to expand through rule making authority.

Someone just said to me, "The state was playing checkers, Disney was playing chess"
I really don’t think they were. This agreement would have kept things in place if the District was devolved to the counties.

MagicHappens1971

And absolutely no one who was paying attention said anything about it, which is amazing. Not even a local news company reporting on it? Fantastic.
RCID took out two different ads in the Orlando Sentinel regarding this meeting, and has notarized documentation that they exist. I don't know what grounds the governor and the new board have for saying what Disney did was illegal aside from their partisan and biased issues with Disney.

That's pretty much it. The DeSantis team COMPLETELY ignored the RCID board meetings during their victory lap.
I really can’t wait to see what late night skits come of this! I can’t stop laughing just reading through the pages here on the forum. 🤣

Mickey Mouse Goodbye GIF

GrumpyFan

I think they still very much deserve the criticism. Disney remains silent on the supposed instigating issue which the state is set to expand through rule making authority.
Disagree. I think they executed this superbly keeping it behind the scenes and not causing more public backlash. Chapek exposed them to a lot of public criticism with his reckless moves and this was done just as it should have been.

Big_Shakalaka

Edit: I do remember somewhere (maybe even this site) posting about the future state hotel/park "plans" for 10 years out that is on the page following the one with this information. And yet still nothing about the previous page :D
I've worked at local municipal meetings and I can say... often contracts and such aren't read aloud or even shown to attendees. They are often just referenced generally, then voted on, unless there are motions for further detail. So, to those in attendance, it can look as just general day-to-day stuff with little fanfare. It sounds like these contracts were done in much a similar manor.

lazyboy97o

I love a good happy ending. 😂
This still isn’t necessarily a happy ending. The Board currently seems willing to spend Disney’s money litigating the land development agreements. They can also still do things like fire plan reviewers to drag out the permitting process. Or send in the fire department to aggressively enforce the Florida Fire Prevention Code. Or exercising their new powers regarding ride safety.

This agreement would have committed the counties to a level of service they were likely to not want to maintain. It would have staved off the apathy or disfunction of a split board. It impairs but does not stop a hostile board.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This still isn’t necessarily a happy ending. The Board currently seems willing to spend Disney’s money litigating the land development agreements. They can also still do things like fire plan reviewers to drag out the permitting process. Or send in the fire department to aggressively enforce the Florida Fire Prevention Code. Or exercising their new powers regarding ride safety.

This agreement would have committed the counties to a level of service they were likely to not want to maintain. It would have staved off the apathy or disfunction of a split board. It impairs but does not stop a hostile board.
Political retribution for profit is still the big Risk for Disney.

It’s still a potential mess

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom