News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

pal w

Can I say I told you so... In a nother vlog site I been saying this could cost Disney billions... I said they ( a rubber stamp from the new board) could pull eminent domain on undeveloped land, start out by saying it for a new roads for traffic from off property like over near AK lodge then sell the area beside to road for development under fair value clause and before Disney knows it a strip mall or worst could be across the road to the AK area...

mmascari

I am wondering where the money is coming from to pay these attorney firms.
Out of the RCID budget and cash reserves obviously.

They can offset this new spending by collecting additional money (based on whatever is possible via taxes or fees), spending less elsewhere (reducing quality or level of other services to reduce costs), or borrow more money.

Those firefighters think they're getting a better contract with higher pay. Little do they know, they might reduce staffing instead to free up cash for lawyers. At least, that's one option that could happen.

MagicHappens1971

Which doesn’t fix anything. It just means you’re paying to be both plaintiff and defendant. The Board seeking to get back authority in a way that was not considered by their expensive Special Counsel when drafting the legislation is not necessarily grounds for Disney to sue and doesn’t undo the source of the problem. The Board is free to engage in malicious act after malicious act.
I guess more or less of what I meant was, if Disney wants to sue on the grounds that the act of the legislature and this new Board is a violation/retaliation of their free speech, this is just giving them more ammunition.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Page 41 of 563 from https://www.rcid.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2020_Comprehensive_Plan.pdf
57687130-EC58-4710-8890-804C9EACCD88.jpeg

Grey Public Facilities - could some be sold off to pay bonds?
57687130-EC58-4710-8890-804C9EACCD88.jpeg

lazyboy97o

I guess more or less of what I meant was, if Disney wants to sue on the grounds that the act of the legislature and this new Board is a violation/retaliation of their free speech, this is just giving them more ammunition.
This isn’t more ammunition. The Board is seeking a way to exercise its authority. That’s not a basis for Disney to act unless the Board starts disregarding the agreement, and then the ammunition is just about the agreement.

mmascari

If someone was really careful, I think they could fit a hotel in here:

Have to deal with those two retention ponds. Plus elevate the entire thing over World Drive, East Buena Vista Drive, and the two ramp loops on the western side. It's the ramp loops that create the larger space to begin with. There isn't as much space to the east.

ToTBellHop

Honestly, it’s wise for Disney to stage its legal battles against these fools rather than the state. This is well out of the public eye and I’m sure their legal team is more than capable of taking on these morons.

From their meeting as they discovered Disney’s poison pill:
1680113430801.png

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
And the Board is free to prioritize the use of funds. They can take funds intended for other uses and use them for litigation.

I'm not sure that's the case. The new legislation did place limits on what tax revenue could be used for. And it stregthen's Disney's taxation without representation case.

This isn’t more ammunition. The Board is seeking a way to exercise its authority. That’s not a basis for Disney to act unless the Board starts disregarding the agreement, and then the ammunition is just about the agreement.
I'm not sure that's the case. I was speaking with an attorney friend of mine on this (also a Disney fan) who indicated that Disney's case against the legislation is bolstered if there is actual harm from an action the district takes. It's harder for a judge to ignore actual harm than theoretical harm, which a partisan judge could weasle around pretty easily.

mmascari

I agree, the idea that this is some long game to gain control of, and sell off, WDW property to developers seems highly unlikely, the board was set up to control and influence Disney, not to take their land.
I think the former would only be a threat to achieve the latter.

There's lots and lots of things that are just threats to achieve the control. How many of them need to be followed through vs just threats will be interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom