News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How did they not know about this? Can a company sue…itself? How does something like that even work?

I still think Disney should sue the state on grounds of 1st amendment. I am a little worried though they wouldn’t win due to the state’s willingness to let’s say bend the rules.
I think we’re in “the undiscovered country”here…

Everyone is making it up as they go and NO ONE is qualified to do so

DocMcHulk

This is savage.... 🤣 Well played.
FsaPOr0XsAAzk1B.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the statement from the Governor's office.

"The Executive Office of the Governor is aware of Disney's last-ditch efforts to execute contracts just before ratifying the new law that transfers rights and authorities from the former Reedy Creek Improvement District to Disney. An initial review suggests these agreements may have significant legal infirmities that would render the contracts void as a matter of law. We are pleased the new Governor-appointed board retained multiple financial and legal firms to conduct audits and investigate Disney's past behavior."

Fido Chuckwagon

I’m trying to piece together a map of what land the District actually owns. Most land within the borders are owned by Disney or affiliated companies, they just use the District for municipal services. The District can’t just all of a sudden decide they want to build a Desantisland Motor Inn on the side of World Drive. Most of the undeveloped bubble surrounding Disney is still owned by Disney.
Does RCID have eminent domain powers?

Fido Chuckwagon

Why only 30? Why not 100 or 200 years?
This way the technology will eventually exist to safely thaw Walt's head, clone him a new body then he can reclaim control of his company! ;)
Rule against perpetuities lol. Haven't seen that since Law School. 21 years past the existence of some life in being. It's hilarious that they chose King Charles youngest descendant.

JohnD

This is savage.... 🤣 Well played.
View attachment 707184
It basically says:
  1. This agreement shall exist in perpetuity
  2. If that doesn't work, then until 21 years after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III (i.e. the Royal line dies out. What's stated above would only go about 100 years or so ("21 years after the death of the youngest current descendant", if born today, for example)
  3. And only then if WDW gives up all land within 10 miles of the property
1680121237520.png

afterabme

It really does now all seem to make sense. Disney must be slightly amazed that it took the new board this long to find this out, especially given it was all public.

The people who work in the general counsel‘s office for the governor of Florida and the general counsel for the district probably were caught off guard about this.

JohnD

It really does now all seem to make sense. Disney must be slightly amazed that it took the new board this long to find this out, especially given it was all public.
You have to admit, in the two board records in January and February, the RCID goes out of its way to show that the meetings were properly noticed. Having formerly been on a MUCH smaller condo board, every meeting had to be given proper public notice, even to the residents of the condominium association.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom