News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
If the new board was actually made up of people from Central Florida who actually understand and care about the impact to the local community it would be a lot more likely they would act in good faith. Even political appointees would have to face their friends and neighbors who would be questioning any action that damages the largest employer and catalyst for the local economy.
Yep.

I expect one of the people (Ziegler) to flat out act in bad faith to push their own agenda, and possibly another (Peri). I expect the attorneys to rubber stamp whatever is placed in front of them.

Peri really is the wildcard here, since he does have (indirect) travel/tourism experience and is a Central Florida local. But he's also a faith based entrepreneur.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nothing in this article signals they’re planning to challenge either the RCID or the parental rights legislation.
Nothing in that article says much of anything. It's a very long winded PR-speak response written to commit to nothing and say "as long as their goals are aligned with these obvious public benefit ideals everything should be fine'. The dude is the parks executive, not Disney legal or their gov relations people, etc.

At most it's a passive aggressive challenge to the new board to act within the actual purpose of the district vs what it's being warped into.

It's like the PR spokeperson's piece before... designed to make the audience believe and focus only on the idea there is no reason to be worried about disruption to our business. A statement whose sole purpose is to avoid spooking the market.

Nubs70

So basically, we deal with hostile government oversight in other places and this won’t be any different.…we will still make a healthy buck.
But when has Bob the Elder and Bob the Younger ever had a speech in Shanghai and/or Hong Kong stating WDW stance on Uigher rights?

mmascari

I did not expect the first new RCID meeting to spend its first 20+ minutes on Disney’s apparent failure to sufficiently (or at least optimally) equip its firefighters, but here we are.

Anyway...

Disney Geek has video from Friday showing rescue boat on hourglass lake

So, which group works that boat for a gondola water rescue? Since, presumably it's not the fire department if they don't have any boats.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was reliably informed that the old RCID was the best example of a forward-thinking private-public partnership and the new appointees had outdated views on gender roles in the modern day.
Did Disney ever refuse RCID's boat needs or refuse to cooperate with their local FD?

Have you ever heard of a first responder group telling you "we have everything we possibly could want"?

GoofGoof

Premium Member

So, which group works that boat for a gondola water rescue? Since, presumably it's not the fire department if they don't have any boats.

I assume the boat must belong to Disney not RCFD. That boat may also be used for something else like repairs and maintenance. If the fire department gets their own boats they will likely need to be stored backstage so it may actually be quicker to go to the resort marinas and borrow a boat but I can understand why the department would view that as less than desirable.

Ayla

I assume the boat must belong to Disney not RCFD. That boat may also be used for something else like repairs and maintenance. If the fire department gets their own boats they will likely need to be stored backstage so it may actually be quicker to go to the resort marinas and borrow a boat but I can understand why the department would view that as less than desirable.
Using an already moored boat is much quicker than having to launch one.

el_super

Only logical conclusion from this...

1678293364812.png

Stripes

Premium Member
In related news:

Disney’s new governing Reedy Creek district board suggests kicking Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista out of the district​

Richard BilbaoMar 8, 2023
The first meeting of the new Central Florida Tourism Oversight District board, formerly called Disney's Reedy Creek Improvement District, dove right into some of the disconnects from the previous leadership and an introduction for its new members — as well as some possible changes that will be discussed in the future.

For example, new board member Brian Aungst Jr. alluded to potentially seeking to eliminate the cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista from the district altogether. “Are they legally necessary is an important question,” he said.

For now, Aungst said he wants the district to oversee all of those cities’ law enforcement contracts or ensure the cities cannot supersede the district’s building codes or land-planning powers.
Thankfully, the Board has zero control over the dissolution of the cities and my understanding is that even the State of Florida’s hands are tied to a certain degree.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Using an already moored boat is much quicker than having to launch one.
assuming you have access to it, it's prepped, and have the keys.

But it's not shocking to assume a working agreement between Disney and it's basically on-site FD to provide means to the FD if needed with standing agreements. Why pay for the FD to have their own out of your own pocket when you already have similar things of your own right there in most cases.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
In related news:

Thankfully, the Board has zero control over the dissolution of the cities and my understanding is that even the State of Florida’s hands are tied to a certain degree.

That would be quite I tersti
In related news:

is this even a possibility? That would really be a reach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom