News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Remember though that the new board is only compensated through covered expenses and a per diem for meetings. So excess meetings.

The least interesting answer I can think of is they are just due to schedule their meetings and they have to continue to do what they are required to do until officially replaced. Maybe someone else has a better explanation.
Are the board meetings open to the public? I’m thinking things could get interesting real quick when the new members start to meet. I wonder if they’ll provide bottled water on their desk so they don’t accidentally get turned gay…

lazyboy97o

Are the board meetings open to the public? I’m thinking things could get interesting real quick when the new members start to meet. I wonder if they’ll provide bottled water on their desk so they don’t accidentally get turned gay…
Yes, Board of Supervisors meetings must be scheduled in advance, open to the public and held within the district. The typical meeting place is the Reedy Creek Improvement District building on Hotel Plaza Blvd but this week’s meeting has been moved to the B Resort.

GimpYancIent

The Disney Company see's everyone equally, falling into one of two categories. Those that have money and those that do not. If you have money by all means welcome, if you do not have money, we have nothing for you until you get some money. Merch, activities, presentations, media will portray all kinds of messaging but in actuality corporate Does Not Care. The Disney Company will present whatever facade management believes will bring in money. So yeah, TWDC is about equality.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The Disney Company see's everyone equally, falling into one of two categories. Those that have money and those that do not. If you have money by all means welcome, if you do not have money, we have nothing for you until you get some money. Merch, activities, presentations, media will portray all kinds of messaging but in actuality corporate Does Not Care. The Disney Company will present whatever facade management believes will bring in money. So yeah, TWDC is about equality.
That’s part of what the article I posted was saying:

“As society evolves, companies need to update their policies to keep up. That’s not "wokeism" — it’s sensible business. And it's inevitable that there will be uncomfortable moments when cultures clash and companies get tangled in fights they’d rather avoid because they end up alienating somebody.”

As I said many, many pages back…you can’t please everyone. Taking a stand alienates some, not taking a stand alienates others. Disney and other companies need to make a call on where they stand on many issues and I agree with the article that in general taking a position and sticking to it is generally the best play.

Lilofan

If the county water made me turn flush with cash I'm all for it.

Brian

The BoS meeting was moved to the B Resort, across the street from the district's HQ building. I do have to wonder if the new board members are concerned about potential hostility from the district staff, or perhaps taking a cautious approach and just trying to ease into things.

lazyboy97o

The BoS meeting was moved to the B Resort, across the street from the district's HQ building. I do have to wonder if the new board members are concerned about potential hostility from the district staff, or perhaps taking a cautious approach and just trying to ease into things.
I don’t believe the new board has been confirmed by the Senate. They’re not yet showing on the Senate’s Executive Appointees website.

flynnibus

Premium Member

The board doesn’t meet in secrecy. Its quite common for staff to give briefs during these kinds of meetings, the management to be there, outside parties presenting or listening, etc. additionally the new directors haven’t taken over yet. I think people are reading too much into things.

Brian

The board doesn’t meet in secrecy. Its quite common for staff to give briefs during these kinds of meetings, the management to be there, outside parties presenting or listening, etc. additionally the new directors haven’t taken over yet. I think people are reading too much into things.
What's your take on it then? I'm not saying necessarily that I'm right, I'm just guessing, but I do have to wonder why they would pay to rent space from a hotel for a meeting that can be, and usually is, held at the district HQ building.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What's your take on it then? I'm not saying necessarily that I'm right, I'm just guessing, but I do have to wonder why they would pay to rent space from a hotel for a meeting that can be, and usually is, held at the district HQ building.
Maybe they need more space. With the publicity this story got there may be media members and just people in the general public that want to attend to see what happens when the new board takes over. I can’t imagine these meetings in the past drew a big crowd so no clue how much space they have set up.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Found this on the RCID site with the rules on attendance:

In-Person Attendance
All meetings of the RCID Board of Supervisors are open to the public (except for portions thereof that may be closed to the public as permitted by applicable law) and noticed via the RCID webpage (https://www.rcid.org/about/board-of-supervisors).

All visitors to the RCID Administration Building are required to check in at the lobby Security Desk.

All attendees to the meeting shall register their attendance on a sign-in sheet located in the meeting room.

It goes on to say this:

Media Attendance
The meeting room is small and, therefore, has limited space for in-person attendance. In an effort to ensure that the maximum amount of space is reserved for members of the public who wish to attend the meeting, if there are multiple requests by the media for video footage of a meeting, one (1) pool camera will be permitted at that meeting and each network/affiliate seeking video footage will be granted access to that footage. Still photographs and recordings taken on devices (such as cellular telephones) is permitted.

So based on that if they got a number of advance requests they may be moving to a bigger facility.

Lilofan

Maybe they need more space. With the publicity this story got there may be media members and just people in the general public that want to attend to see what happens when the new board takes over. I can’t imagine these meetings in the past drew a big crowd so no clue how much space they have set up.
One would think after a stressful meeting one would head to the nearby hotel bar and start ordering rounds of drinks. And if you had a little too much don’t drink and drive. Just check into your clean hotel room upstairs.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What's your take on it then?

That it’s nothing - why do it? some conflict we are not aware of. Amount of space, schedule conflicts, who knows.

But the change of venue to across the street doesn’t do anything to discourage anyone’s attendance or stand to notably change anything except cosmetics. Same audience, same availability, same same.
I'm not saying necessarily that I'm right, I'm just guessing, but I do have to wonder why they would pay to rent space from a hotel for a meeting that can be, and usually is, held at the district HQ building.

Call and ask :)

JoeCamel

Who owns the hotel? Tfg was good at having gmnt rent his spaces

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Who owns the hotel? Tfg was good at having gmnt rent his spaces
Based on a quick web search, B hotels is a FL based company founded by a woman named ayelet weinstein. I have no idea what her politics are or if she is a donor to the gov. I suspect this may be simply that the hotel is next door, but you could also be on to something if she is a DeSantis donor.

lazyboy97o

Again, this looks to be the locally elected board, not the state appointed board.

There is a process for senate confirmations. The first slate of executive appointments are to be reviewed on Tuesday by the Ethics and Elections Committee and none of the CFLTOD board members are part of the meeting agenda.

Some sort of weird kickback seems doubtful. The city council meetings also scheduled for Wednesday have not yet been moved, so some sort of sudden building issue seems unlikely. More space seems like the simplest, easiest explanation. Regardless of what happens, this is the first meeting post reconstitution and probably the expected last meeting of the Reedy Creek Improvement District Board of Supervisors.

GimpYancIent

Based on a quick web search, B hotels is a FL based company founded by a woman named ayelet weinstein. I have no idea what her politics are or if she is a donor to the gov. I suspect this may be simply that the hotel is next door, but you could also be on to something if she is a DeSantis donor.
:rolleyes:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Public records search shows donations only to a few South FL dem candidates. But nothing recent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom