News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm not even sure Disney would have standing. Disney IS NOT the Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Reedy Creek Improvement District is not Disney.

While technically that is true, WDW would be directly impacted by the decision to dissolve Reedy Creek as a recipient of its services. There's a provision in Florida Statute regarding the supplying of utilities that Disney could use to its advantage.

GimpYancIent

This is a dumb question. I haven’t seen it mentioned though.

Would runDisney still be allowed to operate? Is it still Disney’s roads?

EDIT: Are we looking at an Anaheim situation where they say the races would come back but don’t (at least for now)?
Excellent question! DL ran (no pun intended) into that with Anaheim.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney Anaheim and Universal are pretty profitable without their own special districts.

There's nothing DeSantis can do to break WDW, which just had it's highest quarterly revenue ever.
I think you might be a little off base here.

They can’t “break” Disney…but causing major headaches and potentially lowering profits will be passed on/exercised on the customers and residents in the area.

No one ever thinks there a “limit” until after they’ve reached it.

Joel

I think you might be a little off base here.

They can’t “break” Disney…but causing major headaches and potentially lowering profits will be passed on/exercised on the customers and residents in the area.

No one ever thinks there a “limit” until after they’ve reached it.
But last quarter was great, and like financial advisors always say, past performance is indeed indicative of perpetual future results.

Surferboy567

As someone who really tries to stay out of this kind of discussion. How likely is it that this actually passes?

It may clear the next stage but isn’t their something about a statue that says that Reedy Creek’s residents have to also vote on this?

That would surely stop something like this?

CaptainAmerica

Wait…don’t you live in Connecticut?!?

So are you playing the fool or the one resident that never noticed how these mechanisms work.

Of course it will cost everyone more. That happens anytime there is major management disruption. Usually a big slice of that is robber barons pushing “privatization” as a sure fire way for everything to cost more while preaching Savings
In New England we maintain municipal control of most services. We don't have any county governments whatsoever. It's high quality, but expensive. People are always pushing countywide consolidation as a way to save money. This might make things more efficient, not less. You only need one fire chief, for example.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Florida v. Reedy Creek Improvement District also touches on a lot of the pretexts outside of being prior to 1968 being given to justify the dissolution.

That case is an interesting read. Sometimes the state shoots itself in its proverbial foot. Several of the special districts referenced in the court's decision would be impacted by HB3C.

tnemgif

They wouldn't have to increase taxes at all because they're gaining Walt Disney World as a taxpayer.

Every dollar Disney currently pays to RCID that RCID uses to provide services will now be paid to Orange County for Orange County to provide services.
Some economists seem to be arguing the opposite.

GimpYancIent

Oh, now I understand, I misread your last comment.

The question is though, would the state be willing to allow them to close such roads?
One thing to consider is WDW unlike DL can handle larger courses. Within DL / CA a 5k course would be about it. Within WDW parks 5K and 10K courses could fit and not impact county or state roads. For the Half and Full Marathon distances then coordination and approval w county and state would be needed. I do not believe situation w the local and state authorities will deteriorate as they have in Anaheim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom