News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Ayla

For those wondering, two other special districts intended to be dissolved were maintained during the special session. HB 11B maintains the Sunshine Water Control District in Broward County and HB 12B maintains the Eastpoint Water and Sewer District in Franklin County. As of now, all three bills related to special district have been enrolled but have not yet been signed by the officers of the state houses and presented to the governor.
Do you think the delay is because of private wheeling and dealing going on behind the scenes? Or is it just typical government incompetence?

lazyboy97o

Do you think the delay is because of private wheeling and dealing going on behind the scenes? Or is it just typical government incompetence?
I've doubted the idea of meaningful negotiations this whole time, so I'm probably not the best one to ask. I also do not understand what people would even be referring to when they continue to say negotiations would be occurring. The bill is done. I don't know what else there is to discuss. Even if there was some deal to let Disney be involve din the board selection process, keeping that a secret would be hard and not at all play well for the governor.

I believe this is just part of the process. HB 7B, the other bill passed during the special session, was only just signed and presented yesterday. They have to do it at some point.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Is there a list some place of all the organizations with "Reedy Creek" in the name?

Something that includes which ones are actually owned by "Reedy Creek Improvement District" vs which ones are independent and their own thing or owned by some other organization.

From the example in the last few posts, "Reedy Creek Energy Services" (RCES) is clearly an independent organization from "Reedy Creek Improvement District" (RCID). That while RCID contracts with RCES, RCES is NOT part of RCID. I'm sure someone here knows, something like solar power sites, the land, the panels, all the capital investment physical parts, are those owned by RCID or RCES? Is it just services that RCES is providing to RCID (maintenance, running the equipment)? Some mix of both? Even ownership of physical power lines would be a question. They could be privately owned, district owned, combination of both. Towns all over the US use different models for this.

The new law impacts RCID and any entity completely owned by RCID. Any entity partial owned by RCID is clearly impacted in some way, depending on how that ownership is split. Any entity with "Reedy Creek" in the name that's already completely independent isn't impacted at all. They will be impacted later if the changes impact how RCID contracts with them, but that's an independent factor.

All these different splits, different ownership, different entities, different responsibilities, all having similar names makes sense in the corporate structures for whatever reasons. But, it certainly makes it confusing when someone from the outside tries to understand what is actually included in RCID vs just a contractual agreement.
Reedy Creek Energy Services is the only company I know of that is currently using that name. There might have been a shell company that used the Reedy Creek name when the land was purchased, and some of those actually still exist, so it might still be out there.

According to the District website, they own everything and Reedy Creek Energy Services operates it on their behalf.

JohnD

For those wondering, two other special districts intended to be dissolved were maintained during the special session. HB 11B maintains the Sunshine Water Control District in Broward County and HB 12B maintains the Eastpoint Water and Sewer District in Franklin County. As of now, all three bills related to special district have been enrolled but have not yet been signed by the officers of the state houses and presented to the governor.
Actually the Eastpoint bill is 13B. But you're correct. I suspect all three will be presented to the Governor at the same time.

celluloid

I'll put it this way, you're either showing that you're working today or on Annual Leave in the employee payroll system. You don't get the day off.

And I will put it this way, productivity counts in a work day, not just showing up. We are all invested, but I don't think this bill is going to going along any faster than any other government entity work.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Nobody said it wouldn't. Like Tiki Birds previously, it will be "under new management." Oh, wait...
1677341960531.png

JoeCamel

Another week and the legislature still has not been signed by the officers of the legislature and presented to the governor. It’s a good thing taxpayers paid for that urgent special session to get things done quickly.
News cycle demanded it like TV breaks in football, dog and pony show starts up next week?

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Another week and the legislation still has not been signed by the officers of the legislature and presented to the governor. It’s a good thing taxpayers paid for that urgent special session to get things done quickly.
Is there more to this or is it just typical government at work

lazyboy97o

Is there more to this or is it just typical government at work
I honestly don’t know. The other special district bills sit in the same boat. HB 7B has been presented and signed but all three bills related to special districts have yet to be presented. Delaying the CFLTOD (there’s an acronym!) presentation so it can be signed at some publicity event would make sense, but I’m not sure why the other two need to be delayed as they seem like the sort of thing that would be approved without ceremony.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom