News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
In CFTOD v Disney, both from Disney: Subpoena for Classe for a deposition and another request for documents for the CFTOD.

Attachments

• disney-second-doc-request.pdf
    236.3 KB · Views: 128
  • subpoena - classe deposition.pdf
    345.3 KB · Views: 114

Tony the Tigger

Orlando sentinel:

A search warrant affidavit released Friday sheds more light on the sexual battery accusations Christian Ziegler is facing amid growing bipartisan calls that he should quit his job as Florida’s Republican Party chair.

The allegations are being brought by a woman who says she had a previous consensual sexual encounter that included Ziegler and his wife, Bridget, also a player in Florida politics, according to the affidavit.

The document obtained through a public records request corroborates details from anonymous sources that were first reported Thursday by the Florida Center for Government Accountability.

Ziegler has not been charged with a crime, and his attorney, Derek Byrd, says he will be cleared of wrongdoing.

Sarasota Police outlined the accusations when applying for a search warrant in the 12th Judicial Circuit for Ziegler’s cellphone, Google email and Google Drive.

Ziegler and the woman who he’d known for 20 years agreed to have a sexual encounter including his wife on Oct. 2, but the woman canceled when she learned Bridget was unable to make it, police said in the affidavit.

The woman told detectives she opened her door to walk her dog and Ziegler entered her apartment and sexually assaulted her, the affidavit states.

“The victim advised Christian did not wear a condom, and he stated ‘I’m leaving the same way I came in,'” the affidavit states.

Ziegler was on surveillance footage visiting the apartment, police said in the affidavit.

Ziegler told detectives in an interview with his attorney present he had consensual sex with the woman and took video of it, initially deleting it but then uploading it to his Google Drive since the allegation, according to the affidavit. Police said in the affidavit that they have not located the footage.

Bridget Ziegler told detectives she was involved in a sexual encounter with her husband and the woman once over a year ago, the affidavit states.

Christian Ziegler is facing calls to resign from both Gov. Ron DeSantis and Nikki Fried, chairwoman of the Florida Democratic Party.

“I don’t see how he can continue with that investigation ongoing given the gravity of those situations,” DeSantis told reporters following his Georgia debate with California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday, according to NBC News. “And so I think he should step aside. I think he should tend to that.”

A heavily redacted Sarasota Police report released Thursday offered few details but included an accusation from a person who reported being “sexually battered” in an Oct. 2 incident at a home in Sarasota.

The redacted police report does not mention Ziegler by name but was released in response to questions about a complaint filed against him.

Although “innocent until proven guilty,” the GOP cannot have a party chair “under that type of scrutiny,” DeSantis said.

“I hope the charges aren’t true. I’ve known him, I’ve known [his wife] Bridget, they’ve been friends. But the mission is more important,” he said.

Bridget Ziegler, a co-founder of the conservative education group Moms for Liberty, serves on the board of DeSantis’ Disney World oversight district and also is a member of the Sarasota County School Board.

AND BBC:

Gives a whole new meaning to “Moms for Liberty.”

Ba-dum bum!

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Orlando sentinel:

A search warrant affidavit released Friday sheds more light on the sexual battery accusations Christian Ziegler is facing amid growing bipartisan calls that he should quit his job as Florida’s Republican Party chair.

The allegations are being brought by a woman who says she had a previous consensual sexual encounter that included Ziegler and his wife, Bridget, also a player in Florida politics, according to the affidavit.

The document obtained through a public records request corroborates details from anonymous sources that were first reported Thursday by the Florida Center for Government Accountability.

Ziegler has not been charged with a crime, and his attorney, Derek Byrd, says he will be cleared of wrongdoing.

Sarasota Police outlined the accusations when applying for a search warrant in the 12th Judicial Circuit for Ziegler’s cellphone, Google email and Google Drive.

Ziegler and the woman who he’d known for 20 years agreed to have a sexual encounter including his wife on Oct. 2, but the woman canceled when she learned Bridget was unable to make it, police said in the affidavit.

The woman told detectives she opened her door to walk her dog and Ziegler entered her apartment and sexually assaulted her, the affidavit states.

“The victim advised Christian did not wear a condom, and he stated ‘I’m leaving the same way I came in,'” the affidavit states.

Ziegler was on surveillance footage visiting the apartment, police said in the affidavit.

Ziegler told detectives in an interview with his attorney present he had consensual sex with the woman and took video of it, initially deleting it but then uploading it to his Google Drive since the allegation, according to the affidavit. Police said in the affidavit that they have not located the footage.

Bridget Ziegler told detectives she was involved in a sexual encounter with her husband and the woman once over a year ago, the affidavit states.

Christian Ziegler is facing calls to resign from both Gov. Ron DeSantis and Nikki Fried, chairwoman of the Florida Democratic Party.

“I don’t see how he can continue with that investigation ongoing given the gravity of those situations,” DeSantis told reporters following his Georgia debate with California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday, according to NBC News. “And so I think he should step aside. I think he should tend to that.”

A heavily redacted Sarasota Police report released Thursday offered few details but included an accusation from a person who reported being “sexually battered” in an Oct. 2 incident at a home in Sarasota.

The redacted police report does not mention Ziegler by name but was released in response to questions about a complaint filed against him.

Although “innocent until proven guilty,” the GOP cannot have a party chair “under that type of scrutiny,” DeSantis said.

“I hope the charges aren’t true. I’ve known him, I’ve known [his wife] Bridget, they’ve been friends. But the mission is more important,” he said.

Bridget Ziegler, a co-founder of the conservative education group Moms for Liberty, serves on the board of DeSantis’ Disney World oversight district and also is a member of the Sarasota County School Board.

AND BBC:

Oh this is fantastic 😆

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Just checking… was anyone from the former RCID involved in a swinger affair gone bad public scandal? Now the Christmas wreath on the door of her district office makes sense.
BD987B0C-5C7C-4E64-A9F7-12376FF5BFAD.jpeg

Goofyernmost

No hard feelings. These topics are explosive. Mods are just trying to keep things under control. I can see why they made the decision they did on this thread. Sometimes good posts might get swept up, but when you're deleting hundreds of posts everyday that's just how it roles. I suspect the role of WDWMagic moderator has gotten more laborious and just more difficult over the years. Much more grey area due to the turbulence of recent years. Yet the site is seemingly thriving, so they must be getting it right most of the time.

If I don't like how they mod, I can always rent my own servers and start my own site. Sounds expensive, eh? :oops:
So what are we going to be doing that is so terrible if it explodes? Beating each other to death with words? Get offended if someone doesn't agree with what is happening in what was once a symbol of freedom? And want us to be quiet because some wanna be dictator has managed to destroy 250 years of following the constitution because as a single person disagrees with it and has convinced others that more power is there for the taking? It is not and will only be turned around by people that are against it but are not prevented from saying so. It seems at this point that one side is able to threaten, misinform and intimidate with no barriers and the opposing side can't find a forum to contradict and react to that behavior.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

So what are we going to be doing that is so terrible if it is explodes? Beating each other to death with words? Get offended if someone doesn't agree with what is happening in what was once a symbol of freedom? And want us to be quiet because some wanna be dictator has managed to destroy 250 years of following the constitution because as a single person disagrees with it and has convinced others that more power is there for the taking? It is not and will only be turned around by people that are against it but are not prevented from saying so. It seems at this point that one side is able to threaten, misinform and intimidate with no barriers and the opposing side can't find a forum to contradict and react to that behavior.
Before it gets deleted, FWIW, I agree 💯

And before they delete it, they can read that this site feels to me like a safe place for people to say otherwise unacceptable things as long as they are sufficiently coded; but calling those things out directly gets deleted.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The Governor only has line item veto power of the General Appropriations Act and line items in any bill that contains appropriations. He cannot line item veto most bills. Either sign, veto, or allow them to become law without signing which would be his choices of Stewart's bill if it were to "magically" pass the Legislature.

As you know, there are program creation bills that include appropriation language.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm glad they kept the old Capitol as a museum. It's a beautiful building. It was restored back to, I think, how it looked in 1920 before extra wings were added. Those were demolished to make room for the new House and Senate. Still, the 22 floor tower looks like a ... and the two domed House and Senate chambers look like ... . Amazing.

Having worked in the Old Capitol, it wasn't all that lovely. Hard to heat & cool, dark, dank in some places and the "cafeteria" in the basement was a tad scary.

LAKid53

Premium Member
oversightdistrict.org is the current site. Redirect code was likely added to the old site of rcid.org. In fact, the entirety of the site could still be there but since the redirect code is encountered first, it sends you to oversightdistrict.org. I just tried cftod.org. Apparently no one owns it right now. This explains three different IP addresses.

Not too organized, are they.

Isamar

Their Rules and Procedures are also AWOL from the new site. The link takes you back to the home page and the Apr. 19 meeting package that contained them (as Resolution 638) isn't available. Somehow they screwed up the links such that the Apr. 19 link gives you the Apr. 26 package and the Apr. 26 link gives you the May 1 agenda (the May 1 meeting isn't actually listed). The rest of the packages seem to be at the correct links. Tech issue in setting up the new site? I'm slightly suspicious because the Rules also happen to be missing. OTOH I don't remember whether the old site had a link to the Rules, so it could be a new idea that just isn't done yet. They haven't even fixed the dates on all the press releases yet, so why they went live with the site now...?

Also no search option on the new site, which is just annoying.

Figgy1

The following is strictly my thoughts on the subject. Those on the board when initially appointed may have thought they were appointed to control Disney, not do any actual governing. I say this only due to the comments by the governor before the transition and who he appointed
Again strictly my opinion: Many appointed to the board may have had no clue what the actual day to day responsibilities of RC were, let alone the size and scope of said responsibilities for short- and long-term planning of the district
To this day I'm uncertain of their motives when they take any action at all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom