News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Chi84

Premium Member
But I don’t think they’re happy about the pace. I get the impression that the Chair is increasingly furious at each meeting that Disney hasn’t simply given up and submitted to his will - is it just me?
I can’t imagine they’re happy at all now that the governor has indicated he doesn’t care about this anymore. I wonder what they think they’re getting out of this now that he’s “moved on.”

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
BREAKING: Chairman Garcia finds the Mickey Mouse power transfer pole to be “highly unuchzooal, illegal, and un-American”. Seeks to remove and replace it.

D549F029-25F9-4A62-A28A-DB2531AA637B.jpeg

WonkyDonkey

Wasn't the reason DeSantis said he's "ready to move on" bc he asked Disney to drop their lawsuit? Thought the two were connected? DeSantis didn't conceded though and still has his new board in place so he didn't really "move in".?

WonkyDonkey

BREAKING: Chairman Garcia finds the Mickey Mouse power transfer pole to be “highly unuchzooal, illegal, and un-American”. Seeks to remove and replace it.

View attachment 742900
Talk about overreach. They'll remove it at the tax payers expense then decide they shouldn't have done that just like they're going to decide taking away Disney annual passes was an overreach (they're "reconsidering" that action rt now).Odd how they don't discuss with Disney on ANY of this. Since the Oversite board is overseeing the district of which Disney makes up almost all of it, one would think they'd want to discuss with Disney. I don't understand how the board can decide what Disney gives as gifts etc. Please explain. TY.

Isamar

Wasn't the reason DeSantis said he's "ready to move on" bc he asked Disney to drop their lawsuit? Thought the two were connected? DeSantis didn't conceded though and still has his new board in place so he didn't really "move in".?

I interpreted his “ready to move on” as an attempt to make it look like a spat that’s over and any further court proceedings would be because Disney just wants to fight the state instead of getting on with business.
In the meantime he knew the new board was in place to continue his retaliation, and that Disney really has no choice but to continue with the lawsuits.

WonkyDonkey

I interpreted his “ready to move on” as an attempt to make it look like a spat that’s over and any further court proceedings would be because Disney just wants to fight the state instead of getting on with business.
In the meantime he knew the new board was in place to continue his retaliation, and that Disney really has no choice but to continue with the lawsuits.
Thank you. That makes sense and was a good way to explain it.
The new board is celebrating Disney changing their federal lawsuit, dropping everything that wasn't related to "free speech". IMO, I considered it a win for Disney bc the new board agreed to Disney amend their lawsuit that now only includes the free speech part (so Disney no longer needs to go to court to have judge rule if it could be amended). Didn't Disney want to drop anything not related to free speech to make it EASIER to win that federal lawsuit? It should be a win for Disney (bc it's already been said by a judge that DeSantis violated Disney's free speech). Now a federal judge will decide that. So why is the board celebrating? Is it a Disney or board win? TY

flyakite

YOU WILL PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on September 27, 2023 at 5:05 p.m., or as soon thereafter as practicable, the Board of Supervisors of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District will meet in regular session at 1900 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Florida. At that time and in addition to other business on the agenda, the Board of Supervisors will conduct a reading and public hearing on and consider for adoption Resolution No. 650. A RESOLUTION AMENDING RESOLUTION NO. 369; DELETING PRIVILEGE FEES AND REAFFIRMING PERMIT REQUIREMENTS FOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANIES USAGE OF DISTRICT PROPERTY; AND PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, CONFLICTS, AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Resolution No. 651 FINAL MILLAGE RATE FOR FY2024.
Resolution No. 652 FINAL BUDGET FOR FY2024. Resolution No. 653 UTILITY RATES. Resolution No. 654 UTILITY BUDGET FOR FY2024. Resolution No. 655 A RESOLUTION OF THE CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURISM OVERSIGHT DISTRICT ADOPTING AN EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PLAN.
Interested parties may appear at the public meeting and hearing to be heard with respect to the proposed resolutions. If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board of Supervisors with respect to any matter considered at such meeting or hearing, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
BY: Rocky Haag, Clerk
Central Florida Tourism Oversight District
9/16/2023 7498722

flyakite

YOU WILL PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the City Council of the City of Lake Buena Vista will meet in regular session on Monday, September 25, 2023 at 5:35 p.m., 1900 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830. At that time in addition to other business on the agenda, the Council will conduct a reading and public hearing on and consider for adoption Resolution No. 188-Adopting a Final Millage Rate for FY 24 and Resolution No. 189-Adopting a Final Budget for FY 24. Interested parties may appear at the public hearing to be heard with respect to the proposed resolutions.
BY: Erin O’Donnell, City Clerk City of Lake Buena Vista
9/16/2023 7498686

YOU WILL PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the City Council of the City of Bay Lake will meet in regular session on Monday, September 25, 2023 at 5:05 p.m., 1900 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830. At that time in addition to other business on the agenda, the Council will conduct a reading and public hearing on and consider for adoption Resolution No. 206-Adopting a Final Millage Rate for FY 24 and Resolution No. 207-Adopting a Final Budget for FY 24. Interested parties may appear at the public hearing to be heard with respect to the proposed resolutions.
BY: Erin O’Donnell, City Clerk City of Bay Lake
9/16/2023 7498710

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom