News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

TtocsMc

I'm guessing this is partly due to the ongoing law suits. Money has to be spent on lawyers instead of the roads.
This is all kinda disappointing to think about too. It means the advantage that Disney once had with their much nicer roadways, traffic control, signs, etc. will likely start to look like the rest of Florida, crappy and dilapidated. SMH

The other part of this makes me wonder if it's just another of the ways in which the Desantis appointed lackeys are using to "stick it to Disney" and try to control them. It's all rather infuriating to watch these morons attempting to dismantle one of the biggest sources of jobs, taxes, tourism, and revenue for the state. They're cutting off their own noses to spite their face.
There is no wondering about it. The board is 100% using their power to stick it to Disney. By letting roadways deteriorate and garbage accumulate, it gives the appearance that Disney, as a whole, is going downhill. Where the fact is that the district is no longer providing the exceptional service that it did when it was Reedy Creek.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Here's the YouTube link to watch the CFTOD Board of Supervisors meeting. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 5:05pm.

I have to mute the first 15 minutes of any CFTOD meeting.

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm guessing this is partly due to the ongoing law suits. Money has to be spent on lawyers instead of the roads.
This is all kinda disappointing to think about too. It means the advantage that Disney once had with their much nicer roadways, traffic control, signs, etc. will likely start to look like the rest of Florida, crappy and dilapidated. SMH

The other part of this makes me wonder if it's just another of the ways in which the Desantis appointed lackeys are using to "stick it to Disney" and try to control them. It's all rather infuriating to watch these morons attempting to dismantle one of the biggest sources of jobs, taxes, tourism, and revenue for the state. They're cutting off their own noses to spite their face.
Idiots. Forking idiots.

denyuntilcaught

There is no wondering about it. The board is 100% using their power to stick it to Disney. By letting roadways deteriorate and garbage accumulate, it gives the appearance that Disney, as a whole, is going downhill. Where the fact is that the district is no longer providing the exceptional service that it did when it was Reedy Creek.
Nothing a solid PR plan from Disney can't fix. Some good time between now and 2026 to let this particular item fester.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

seascape

At the end of the day, it appears the CFTOD will pay more for passes than they originally thought. The 1,400 was the total cost per current employee and included the retired ones. Now it looks like it will be 1,500 for each employee and more for retirees. This board is smart.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom